Playing with my junglecock

Been messing around at the vise tonight and trying to make something to entice some Whiting to the fly.Tied this on a #10 B10s hook , Fuzzel dub blend , rubber skirt and very small dumbell with a bit of Jungle cock thrown in. Should work across the flats I hope over the summer. Thanks.Cheers Darren.Posted Image

Crackin' Fly Darren, should be a gimme for those poor un suspecting whiting mate B)Boy, am I envious of that jungle cock? :ohmy: "Twas at least 25 years ago that I owned a cape from Veniards of the UK, sadly had to leave it in the UK when I emigrated as it was a risk of having been infected with Feather mite according to the Customs officers :unsure:I hear that you can buy synthetic nowadays?You wouldn't stoop so low tho', would you?Luv to hear where you sourced it from, pretty please :whistle:

Hi Tony,Drop this fella an email and he may be able to help you out. The cape is mighty fine quality too, Those nails I used were just a few of the really small crappy one which work good for salties. I'm keeping the good bits for some special projects coming up later ;) . Anyway get hold of Steve Hoagland here and he should be able to help you out http://www.derekmckenzie.com.au/Cheers DarrenPosted Image

Darren, I was having a look at this website and came across the signature series series 2 reel. They look "swearword" beautifull.The website claims that these reels are amongst the best of the best reels in the world. Do you know if these are as good a quality as they claim.For $180 or so it looks dam nice.I think I might have to get back into flyfishing. This is one serious reel.heres the pic.

sigsilver.jpg

Darren' date=' I was having a look at this website and came across the signature series series 2 reel. They look "swearword" beautifull.The website claims that these reels are amongst the best of the best reels in the world. Do you know if these are as good a quality as they claim.For $180 or so it looks dam nice.I think I might have to get back into flyfishing. This is one serious reel.heres the pic.[/quote']URHF,I don't think I would say they are amongst the best of the best reels in the world. What was the site you were looking at. If you want some places to look for a decent reel pm me your email address and I'll send you to a few places that I use. That reel looks to be just one of the generic type reels that are coming out of China at the moment and for $180.00 I think I could put you onto something better if your interested.Liam the cape costs about $70.00. Kelvin, thanks mate. It's got all the bits it needs I think to attract the whiting so lets hope it works.Cheers Darren

Geez Darren, I'm whingeing already mate, must be that pommy up bringing ;) I hooked up to your link but it seems to only sell rods/reels etc :unsure:Not to be beaten,and with true, ex pom determination, I've posted off an email to clarify about the Cape. No reply as yet but my hopes are high ;)Cheers, Tony.

You've done the right thing tony, they aren't on his board , you have to request them from Steve as he is just starting to bring some of this stuff in. He will get back to you I'm sure. He was in Adelaide last Thursday so he may still be on the move doing business. Give him a couple of days. Let me know how you go.Cheers Darren

WHOAAAAHHHHH... Look at the size of that...... FLY...!!! :blink: I wish I had the skills for that...:P What'd be the chances of you tying me one of those and me compensating you in some way...??? :dry: Please PM me fishnuts with the handover LOL....:lol:

Mate I'm sorry but I only tie for myself now, I find it too demanding achieving deadlines and delivery times and I just tie for the fun of it now. Glad you like it though and if I ever see you around I'll give you one to try.Cheers Darren
WHOAAAAHHHHH... Look at the size of that...... FLY...!!! :blink: I wish I had the skills for that...:P What'd be the chances of you tying me one of those and me compensating you in some way...??? :dry: Please PM me fishnuts with the handover LOL....:lol:
Mate I'm sorry but I only tie for myself now' date=' I find it too demanding achieving deadlines and delivery times and I just tie for the fun of it now. Glad you like it though and if I ever see you around I'll give you one to try.Cheers Darren[/quote']Totally understand that Darren.. But I will take you up on that offer next time I see you... Keep us posted on how ya go mate real keen to see how they fare.....!!!! B)