Righto guys the end of the snapper ban is coming up soon , so who is going to join the massive rush to tag one in the opening week. If so where is everyone thinking of going. Theres alot of great spots to choose from but i am going to try my luck on yorkes, with a good mate and an inter stater who is keen to catch a famous SA BIG RED:)

I'll be having a go mid december so leave me 1 or 2 :whistle: Gonna ignore my own advice and go out in a mates boat for a go. Hes a crabbing fanatic so I'll be dropping a line over to wait for a scream while probably chucking a lure or jag about on light gear. Always said my boating days were over but hell even us epileptics have to have some boating action once in a while.

I want to go chasing after my first snapper, However Im land bound :( which of course limits me significantly... I hear Wallaroo at the end on live bait could get me hooked. Is it true or a vicious vicious rumour? :)Any other suggestion for york pen (as im now living out of wakefield) jetties or rocks to catch myself one of these babies?

I want to go chasing after my first snapper' date=' However Im land bound :( which of course limits me significantly... I hear Wallaroo at the end on live bait could get me hooked. Is it true or a vicious vicious rumour? :)Any other suggestion for york pen (as im now living out of wakefield) jetties or rocks to catch myself one of these babies?[/quote']Pt Riley about ten minutes north of Wallaroo, dawn or dusk. Take care on and around those rocks though. About a month ago we were there and an un named member of our clan went ass up in waders. Funny afterwards but at the time the waders filled up with water, he was only waist deep, but we were about to launch into rescue mode before he finally found his feet :ohmy: bloody waders!!! Anyway, this area (although uncivilized) can be very productive.Wallaroo jetty is said to be well worth a crack, although I haven't caught a legal snapper there.Also try Pt Giles Jetty, it's my favourite landbased spot on the York Peninsular :):):)Happy hunting and tight lines my friend :)

Definitely keen to back into them. Have fished Wallaroo (not jetty) area this year land based and done well. The tides for that first few weeks are no good though and I've learnt that if the tides aren't moving there, don't bother. We'll head to the Coorong beach midweek (not a people person when it comes to 4x4 and fishing)- snapper and mullys sound good to me.