Hi there and welcome.For carp just about any permament body of fresh water holds them, give mawson lakes a crack, have pulled some out of there that you could saddle up and ride, also surprisingly good carp water is in the city from opposite the zoo down to the brewary in the torrens, plenty of easy to access water along there, spotted a scool of 50-60cm jobbies feeding around the frome road bridge (just by the zoo) saturday mornig.Good luck and enjoy.

Burley unless you're sight fishing.Can't go far wrong with sweetcorn as bait and throwing a few handfulls tight to the bank to keep them around.If fishing blind go a small running sinker with two droppers below it. Drag set to around a half a kilo and in a rod holder with line taught. Fish hook themselves and it saves chewing up time waiting for them to move off.Will find fish almost anywhere in the torrens from westbeach to athelstone.Have fun.

Ok guys,i went at about 11pm-12.30, no luck.I went where the grass started just on the right hand side of the bridge if your facing the zoo, dropped a few handfulls of corn up against the bank about 15mins before casting, i then dropped my line tight to the bank about 2m off. I left it there for a good 20min without reeling in and didnt get a single nudge or bite.I ended up feeding my corn to some little ducklings who ate right out of my hand, was really cool but id much rather reel in a 10lb carp :(can someone tell me if im in the right area or what im doing wrong?cheers.

Guest Brent61southoz

cast across to the reeds opposite or across to bridge pylon, within 2m.failing that a further 200m approx towards uni footbridge , cast near aeratorbrentlet me know when your heading in and i'll show you

Guest Brent61southoz
Posted Imageboth spots on left are where your fishing frombottom 1, cast to within 5m of other side or within 2m of aerator if visible,top 1 in near bridge, casting towards bridge or reedsbrentfailing that, try bonython park. i'll put a pic up for that too
Guest Brent61southoz

bonython parkPosted Imageblue/red is south golf course toilet block, park approx 100m west of that , walk across par 3 course (blue) under railway bridge and your there.red, your best spots to fish.brent

any chance you could copy a google map of the location and highlight the areas i should try?

Hi Beginer12Pity you bombed out first try' date=' but dont worry, they ARE there, and you will get them. Just keep at it and you'll soon see :)Brentsthoz and I fish there quite often, along with other members of the froum, but we dont [b']always[/b] get fish Its the right time of the year to potentially get some up to this size, if you're in the right place at the right time ;) They're pretty tough fighters in some ways, but are usually not that hard to land or catchA variety of rigs will work, but personally I'm a great believer in keeping it simple.I like to just tie my leader to my mainline with an albright knot, with no weight at all, roll a strip of white bread onto a long shank hook, give it a squeeze ao it wont float, and cast it out under its own weight It works too :woohoo: :woohoo: Posted ImageandPosted ImageCheers and good luck

@ B2Its got its mouth open waiting for a big smocch just from you buddy :evil: :P

Is that a carp?

Its certainly not a Marlin URH :whistle: :evil:
Its just Ive never seen that photo before. You would have thought that such a massive carp would be worthy of having this photo plastered over many many many many many many many posts!!!!