my biggest shark was a schoolie i caught off pondie it went 22kg. but no photo so my next best is a hammer of 4.5foot no weight. estimated at around 15kg. but my biggest ever was from the same day, i caught a 6plus footer that i let go. which would of been well over 30kg. i brought it in green as and i sure wasnt gonna try to boat it. size=500http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/4OSya89J__100_00341.jpg[/img]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got it on heavy braid in a bay on island off ceduna. which the same day? the hammer and schoolie? no. but the hammers were from the same spot two days in a row. we landed 4 in two days and many more lost as we were fishin for snapper at the time. all bar that one in the photo on wire.

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully this season i can manage a couple on the light gear... the surf gear was pretty much stopping the smaller sharks after their first run.. but with lighter stuff might be a bit more of a challenge {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif here is a small set of jaws from the above shark... {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif size=461http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/t6IPYLOL__jaws.JPG[/img]

Nice bronzies there guys.In all seriousness, The only rod I would target anything the size of the one and above in my pic from the beach would be, A Sabre 540 or one of the 12/15kilo Live FibresThe rod has got to have grunt to shift them as they like to sit almost ray like , then recharge themselves and go for broke.Lost one at Daleys last year that rubbed me off right at the death, probably around 7 foot and that thing sat doggo 3 or 4 times during the fight then took off on 50 metre runs as strong as its first run.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

they will deffinatly take a good run when targeting them on an ABU7000... those things pull about 2kg of drag :lol::lol: I also got smoked by a big shark from dalys.. hooked up and watch my entire spool of line go down to the last knot.. 300mts line... in about 1 minute.. i tried everthing to get some line back.. even running out into the water... but the run just got stronger.. :shock:I'll be back for a rematch though... {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

So you guys get little sharks that actually peel line from your reels? I don't maybe cus I fish like 50lb for them. But ive seen them caught on 20lb and they don't fight either? p.s.Not saying Cal's shark is small {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

i have caught bronzies on 3kg tackle and they still dont take any line the sharks start to get tougher when there 4ft plus i reckon
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

here's the biggest mofo i've ever caught, a 9'8" bronzie and 200kg plus. 1 hour 57minutes on 15kg.... and released! sorry about the picture quality, it's a photo of a photo!

first the white now a massive bronzie!!! you now how to make fisherman jelous! any other photos u have for us to see! good onya youv got those toothies all sorted thats for sure.cheers

first the white now a massive bronzie!!! you now how to make fisherman jelous! any other photos u have for us to see! good onya youv got those toothies all sorted thats for sure.cheersyeah mate i have alot more pics of various species, i'm just trying to track them down and scan them so they come out a little clearer. i have put in alot of time and effort and it's always a good feeling when you have success!

• 4 months later...

went out off largs after the news onfriday and dealt with the rough weather. Once out there mate got a bit sick and made the long journey back to the ramp to drop him off. Headed back out and got rewarded. i wont mention whi it was (GIJO) but it was bloody rough!!!235kgs and 301cm. Taken on 15kg and fight was about 2 hours once it was secured.Only killed it because it was a potential record and now have a heap of fillets that have been distributed to the extended family. I ended up with about 7 kgs of meat and the rest was taken by mates and relatives. There was no pups in the big female either. size=980http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/TnnHZYAa__tom235kg2.JPG[/img]