marine parks back flip

http://www.adelaide:now.com.au/yorke-peninsula-off-the-hook-from-no-fishing-zones/story-e6frea6u-1226032586818well isnt this a funny turn of events after trying to hide the issue as much as possible and slide it through it seems the tables may have turned and the gov may be a little scared of the backlash...interesting to see where this leads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: and to think the possibility of now also being alowed to fish our ressis might be worth losing 5% of our salt ya think....?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????remembering no matter what happens we are getting parks i personally think this would be not to bad of a result if they stay true to their words of course....

I'll say the same thing lol...You are spot on Carps... But gotta keep the pressure on and keep the bastards honest !!!!Carps... The possibility of being allowed to go and fish Mt Bold Ressie... LEGALLY is giving me goose pimples.... They certainly know how to mess with a fishos mind them pollies :S CheersJack

this 'watering down' of marine parks plan was most certainly part of the plan the whole time ;)I can't think of an easy way to explain so consider the following:think of it like this, you are 15 and I want you to go to bed at 9pm. So I tell you you must go to bed at 7pm (obviously totally unreasonable, like banning 90% of the coastline). you whine and complain saying its not fair and that all your friends stay up until 10pm (most other states have no such no take zones etc) to watch their favourite shows... so I 'compromise' and say 10pm is too late (you have to have SOME no take zones), but I will allow you to stay up until 9pm (I will reduce the number of no take zones from my original proposal).I win, but to you it seems like you win, it was my plan all along that you go to bed at 9pm. (It was my plan all along to have SOME no take zones, but not all that I originally told you about).I can almost guarantee you that the government never intended to fully implement the original plan, PIRSA or SARDI(under PIRSA) even said DENR's science was flawed in its planning.Something to think about anyway.

this 'watering down' of marine parks plan was most certainly part of the plan the whole time ;)I can't think of an easy way to explain so consider the following:think of it like this' date=' you are 15 and I want you to go to bed at 9pm. So I tell you you must go to bed at 7pm (obviously totally unreasonable, like banning 90% of the coastline). you whine and complain saying its not fair and that all your friends stay up until 10pm (most other states have no such no take zones etc) to watch their favourite shows... so I 'compromise' and say 10pm is too late (you have to have SOME no take zones), but I will allow you to stay up until 9pm (I will reduce the number of no take zones from my original proposal).I win, but to you it seems like you win, it was my plan all along that you go to bed at 9pm. (It was my plan all along to have SOME no take zones, but not all that I originally told you about).I can almost guarantee you that the government never intended to fully implement the original plan, PIRSA or SARDI(under PIRSA) even said DENR's science was flawed in its planning.Something to think about anyway.[/quote']dead right mate as a matter of fact this was brought up at one of the meetings I went to. the government must think we are total idiots. :boot:
this 'watering down' of marine parks plan was most certainly part of the plan the whole time ;)I can't think of an easy way to explain so consider the following:think of it like this' date=' you are 15 and I want you to go to bed at 9pm. So I tell you you must go to bed at 7pm (obviously totally unreasonable, like banning 90% of the coastline). you whine and complain saying its not fair and that all your friends stay up until 10pm (most other states have no such no take zones etc) to watch their favourite shows... so I 'compromise' and say 10pm is too late (you have to have SOME no take zones), but I will allow you to stay up until 9pm (I will reduce the number of no take zones from my original proposal).I win, but to you it seems like you win, it was my plan all along that you go to bed at 9pm. (It was my plan all along to have SOME no take zones, but not all that I originally told you about).I can almost guarantee you that the government never intended to fully implement the original plan, PIRSA or SARDI(under PIRSA) even said DENR's science was flawed in its planning.Something to think about anyway.[/quote']Great post and spot on :clap: . It's a common tactic used all the time (not just in politics) and its amazing how often it works. Make a bid that is 30% higher than what you really want/expect - this creates fear, confusion and uncertainty. The oposing party explains why this is unrealistic using basic facts and both parties settle for somewhere in the middle (which is of course, closer to the original desire of the government). There is a reason this was released two days before the meeting, make sure you attend and drag along as many people as possible.

Good to hear everyone is keeping an united front. As said before "keep the pressure on and dont trust the bastards"Kingsley I reckon you are bang on the money mate, these sort of tactics seem to be common with all government departments.Worse part is if we think it looks scary now, how is ten years down the track gonna look??

Good to hear everyone is keeping an united front. As said before "keep the pressure on and dont trust the bastards"Kingsley I reckon you are bang on the money mate' date=' these sort of tactics seem to be common with all government departments.Worse part is if we think it looks scary now, how is ten years down the track gonna look??[/quote']If we dont do some thing now mate we wont even have a track to go down they will have banned access by then :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

copy of a South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party media releaseMedia Release 3rd April 2011LABOR GOVERNMENT HOPES FISHERS WILL TAKE THE BAIT Two days before a major public meeting on marine parks, the Government, in order to thwart public anger and resentment has pre-empted a “fish park backflip”(sunday mail 03/04/2011).“What disingenuous political opportunism”, said Neil Armstrong, Chairman of the South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party.He went on to say, “even half the proposed 140 sanctuary zones, based on the flawed marine parks 2007 legislation using the precautionary principle is 70 too many. Half a rotten apple is just as bad as a whole rotten apple". "The SA Government must think the fishing public fools, to believe that they'll fall for this green, ambit log of sanctuary zone claims."he added. Mr Armstrong continued, “Most fishers are prepared to accept more evidence based Aquatic Reserves, similar to those we now have, if they were based on our existing legislation and that these reserves would comply with the World Convention on Biodiversity principles in respect of NRSMPA’s.”He also went on to say, “Making the Western Blue Groper, Harlequin fish and Blue Devil, protected species is fine with most fishers and can be done now. You don’t need to use the 2007 marine parks legislation as an excuse to do this.”He further stated, “If the SA Labor Party continues down the path of alienating its core voters, it will find itself relegated to political obscurity at the next election.”Neil Armstrong, chairman, South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party For immediate release

That's absolutely fantastic news.All anglers would agree on conservation measures where they are necessary such as protecting cuttlefish in Whyalla, protecting all mangroves, protecting certain species if deemed necessary such as the blue groper.But blanket wide bans where its not necessary is just ridiculous.But yeah must keep the pressure on.