distance from jetty (wallaroo )

travwallaroo.jpg[attachment:3]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\crabs.jpg[/attachment]Gidday all Can any one tell me can I tie up to a jetty to fish the pylons please .? :unsure: We went to wallaroo recently to fish from the end of the jetty but there was a grain boat loading the whole time we were there and the gates half way out were closed :angry: so we hired a tinny and anchored away from the end about 20 meters and cast back to the jetty , :fishing::clap: ( We only caught throw backs as it happened ). when we got home to Broken Hill a bloke at work said we were to close to the jetty and reconned we had to be 300 meters from the jetty . :ohmy: :blush: can anybody advise please.pellipeeliPS Plus it :rain::rain::rain::rain: ed but at least we had something to eat crabs.jpg

crabs_2011-04-27.jpg

southie and i were talkin about this last night and im not sure on any other places but i was out in the boat with my mrs a while back and she decided she wanted too have a swim so i came inside the reef at noarlunga from the southern end keepin the 10mtr distance from the reef and anchored up id say less then 100 mtrs from the jetty and as it was summer surf rescue were cruising aorund so i checked with them and as far as they were concerned i could go basically where ever i wanted just aslong as i was outside the 10mtr boundary of the reef ,like i said though wouldnt have a clue about anywhere else although i have pulled up down the bay too make a quick run up the road for smokes lol .

This doesn't give the answer you require, but does have a few contacts which may(?) be able to point you in the right direction:http://www.flindersports.com.au/pdf/WallarooPortRules.pdfGiven that we're talking bureaucracies here, I don't hold out much hope of you getting a quick or easy definitive reply, but good luck anyway...:whistle: Cheersaf

dont think i really need too look out mate after all its a free ocean and if you try fishing where i pull in for a swim then you might aswell be standing on the shore ,cant say ive ever crossed anyones line before either im not having a go just not all boaties are inconciderate true there are some that dont care just find most of us would rather avoid the mess of your line around the prop shaft and doing a seal on the bottom leg . :laugh: :laugh: MM

Im not a boaty ...yet lol ,,,planing on it soon tho.Anyway i always thought the200meter rule to.hey mully madness, ocean might be "free" , but yr supose to be considerate to all fishermen too, and their equipment. Ive tangled up befor on boats over the years,lost a bit of line and a few nice 5 meter lenghths of 1.8 mm wire hooks and 10 mm rope.i bet they had fun too. a recent capture of mine was a kite surfer at Henley jetty,this clown got tangled nicely and was on the beach pretty quickly. All just on a casted 6/0 45 lb line,8oz leadand an 8/0 hook.Took him 15 min to get untangled. At Wallaroo iv had a bloke in his tinny basicly line up my 2 baloons wich are holding up my bait go right over the both of them......middle of the arvo ....clear day ... less than 150 m from the jetty....what a stupid tool.They are out there! ocean might be free but there are also laws and fundamental rules to adhere too.

Don't know the exact regulations but I don't think there is any mandated exclusion zone around any jetty or wharf.According to Transport SA website the only regulations regarding jetties and wharves are that you need permission from the owner to moor to them and for government jetties and wharves you are not allowed to tie up to them for more than 4 hours without official signs indicating otherwise or proper permission from an authorized person.Transport SA Mooring Regulations for Jetties and WharvesOnly rules I know of from when I was getting my boat licence is that there is a speed limit of 4 knots within 30m of jetties, wharves and other boats.The boat licensing handbook doesn't say anything else about it other than that.Might be extra by-laws from councils and things regarding specific jetties though, I'm not sure about what those might be.

your right mate the tools are out there just not all of are like that im conciderate i wouldnt pull up in the way of someones fishing thats just rude but if theres no one fishing in the section i wanna swim then all good im going for a swim after all i got the rest of the gulf too fish in no need too upset people who dont .MM