what brands of braid?

Can anyone tell me which brands of braided line to keep away from? Ive bought a few different ones and one of them keeps breaking way under its recommended breaking strain but I cant remember which one it is. A mate is having similar problems and I wondered if anyone else has. I have used fireline and gorilla braid in the past and they've been great but Im having problems finding 1000yd spools of them. Seen so much on the market lately but Im wary of buying then finding out its rubbish.

There are a massive range of Braids on the Market and all are good in there own way. Alot of the more well know Fisherman use different brands. I know that Paul Worsteling off IFISH uses Fins PRT almost religiously and then on the other hand the Shimano Team all use PowerPro. It really just matters if you want a stiff or soft Braid and both have different advantages. Fireline, Rovex Viros and Spiderwire are all good brands in my opinion. I have used alot of Fireline and have had no problems with it Wind knotting or Fraying.

I cant stand finns braid i think its terrible... wind knots... tangles that become untangable.....

One suggestion I may put forward Southie if you are having problems with Wind Knotting in the Fins. Instead of buying the normal version buy the Windtamer version. Fins Windtamer braid has been treated by means of a proprietary process resulting in a compacted round and smooth structure with a firm body. This enables Windtamer to pack very well on reels without pulling into itself and cuts through the wind to cast without wind knots and rod tip wrapping.

I use tuff-line, black magic and platypus braids, tuff-line and black magic aren't too expensive and havent failed me yet, platypus is a bit for dearer but well worth the extra bucks. stay away from pelagic spectra, sea-lion dyneema and flight braid. I've also used hercules braid by jarvis walker very good strength for the price but not the smoothest braid around but decent enough if you're just getting into braid fishing and don't wanna spend too much.http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linereview.htmhave a read you'll know what to get after.

There are a massive range of Braids on the Market and all are good in there own way. Alot of the more well know Fisherman use different brands. I know that Paul Worsteling off IFISH uses Fins PRT almost religiously and then on the other hand the Shimano Team all use PowerPro. It really just matters if you want a stiff or soft Braid and both have different advantages. Fireline' date=' Rovex Viros and Spiderwire are all good brands in my opinion. I have used alot of Fireline and have had no problems with it Wind knotting or Fraying.

I cant stand finns braid i think its terrible... wind knots... tangles that become untangable.....

One suggestion I may put forward Southie if you are having problems with Wind Knotting in the Fins. Instead of buying the normal version buy the Windtamer version. Fins Windtamer braid has been treated by means of a proprietary process resulting in a compacted round and smooth structure with a firm body. This enables Windtamer to pack very well on reels without pulling into itself and cuts through the wind to cast without wind knots and rod tip wrapping.
Just dont like it.. once ive used something and dont like the feel or have probs with it... never again... my new stradic ci4 has power pro braid on it so well see how it goes...

Avoid cheap internet brands or Big W, K Mart specials.There are many quality braids on the market, many fishos have many different personal preferences based on knot strength, ease of untangling, castability, etc.I'm a big fan of Sunline Castaway, but it only comes in a minimum 10lb.Fins, Nitlon, Basshard, Fireline, the list is endless and only by trying a few will you find your own personal favourite.As a cheap starting point and even though it is a gelspun not a true braid, I really cant knock the old fireline until you find something a little more supple with all the qualities you desire.Also when using braid, remember that if you fill the spool the majority of the line will never see daylight, but you will need the spool filled properly to cast efficiently, so use a monofilament backing to fill the first half of the spool and then use the thinner braid as a top shot.........this will save you a lot of money in the long run. The exception of course is when you are running braid because you need a large line capacity, in which case you can purchase "bulk" braid up to 1km in length.

Avoid cheap internet brands or Big W' date=' K Mart specials.[/quote']To be honest i bought some unknown internet braid and have never ever hd a problem with it...hasnt lost colour, no wind knots, holds on spool nicely... have it on a few of me reels..... but has been faultless and have used it many many times in a week... ;)