approx. $250 SP snapper rod?

Hey Shane,Try a Daiwa 661HFS Spellbinder. 5-9kg line rating. 10-28g Cast Weight. Ray & Anne's have them for $179.00 as does Motackle. I have one myself. Latest capture, 7kg Snapper. Great rod. Got it coupled with a 2500F Ci4 Stradic, 15lb Platyl braid.http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=7696

Hey Mate. I am actually also in the process of buying a SP Snapper Rod/Combo. What I have chosen is the Shimano Jewel 762 Snapper 5 - 8 KG and will be teaming it up with a Shimano Saros 4000F. It will set you back around $260 full combo. (Not inc. Braid) But it just depends what brands you like. I am a Shimano man so for around that price rangee you could get a really top qaulity Rod. I reckon the T Curve T Series 701 Snapper would be right up your alley. $245 on Motackle. Check it out here mate! http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=4088TT B)B)

For the price that you want to spend, I would highly recommend a Wilson Live Fibre or Texalium. I personally use Live Fibre rods and I cannot fault them. I will be having a Sale in my shop starting Friday 25th November and lasting until the 31st December where I will be selling all of the Rods, Reels and Combo's for a maximum price of wholesale cost plus 10% plus GST.RegardsSteve - Let's Go Fishin'

some really good rod choices here.My pic for your feugo would be the 661HFS SPELLBINDER.the Samiki as mentioned by Southie - this is a weapon as well for the money!And thirdly the 701 Snap.If you had a 4000 the order of preference would be the other way round, but becuase you have a 2500 the slightly shorter Spellbinder and its blank diameter are going to suit your reel down to the ground.Make sure you get to R&A's to check it out.After five more minutes stewing over this one.Im thinking both the Spellbinder and the Samaki are truely wicked sticks value for money wise.if I was offered both and had to pic one, I would have to flip a coin to choose.

Hey ShaneomackI picked up a Berkley IM7 Dropshot Tournament Pro Gen II, one piece 6.6’ 8-10kg Jerk-n-Jig for $100 at Ray and Annes last night. That’s way under your budget for what I believe is a quality SP Snapper rod. Lots of beer tokens left over. ;) I matched it up with a Shimano Aernos 4000FA, spooled with 15lb Tufline XP Red. To say I’m excited about using this combo on an upcoming Snapper charter is a massive understatement. :woohoo: Cheers.

well guys, just wanted to say thanks for everyones advice. i had a look online at most rods and decided to go for a berkley venom black mamba. ray and annes had them for $269 so i sraped up the cash and bought one. wont get to use it till cos its a xmas present. looking forward to hooking up to a red or two. good luck to all for the coming snapper season. shane