new spin reel

so. cuaght a kgw whiting in the lake today on a SP. and i feel a new addiction comming on. i had a daiwa tierra 2500 which shat it self. proberly due tot he fact i used it for yfw and that always ends up in dunking ahhaha. lucky i got it on the cheap.So to get ot the point. i want a reel for using around westlakes onk the pat and port and probaly some fresh stuff every now and then. have 120 in vouchers to R n A's. so might be able to nudge past 200 mark if im stingy ona f ew things.What u fellas think. im starting to have a thing for daiwas for some reason but still feel free to throw ur ideas at me :) looking for something around the 2000 area cheers grego

Ok, I'm watching the Shoutbox! And I will open the commenting.Generally, I prefer Shimano gear but Daiwa is still right up there at the top. The Shimano Ci4 range of reels is great for the money, but, as always, there are many that counter the Ci4 from the Daiwa camp. Having recently went to R & A's with a fellow Stike hooker, I took the time to have a good look around. For a reel in the 2000 area I think it will be hard to go past the Caldia 2506. From what you're asking of it Grego, the 2506, IMO, would be ideal. And you will get change from 200.

the diawa aird are killer looking reels from what ive seen and felt... 9 BB and 109 bux at R&A's... and a spare spool.... for $110 you cant go wrong in my opinion.http://www.rayannes.com.au/products/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-spin-reels/daiwa-aird-spin-reels-109-free-delivery/

Twitch Twitch 97's uncle has 1 and reckons its great. He uses it in his hunt for a cracker beach caught flathead so they probably would be able to handle a bream reasonably well.

Well yep having used my Caldia 2506s recently on squid, it is one super smooth, enjoyalbe and sexy looking real if I do say so myself. I tell it its sexy too but it doesnt even blush! LOLBut in saying that I saw a mate _ not mentioning any names Shaneomack05 that has a fully sick TD Daiwa Feugo in like a 2000 size, it is silver with red piping. its is a mean reel and apparently you can get them to Aus for like $230So my two pics from the daiwa stable for that budget are the Caldia 2506 or TD Feuogo (its sexy check it out)The reason the feugo is better than the caldia is the drag rating the caldia 2506 only has 3kg of drag which is not much where the feugo has an impressive 8.8kg. Not sure if the Feugo is superceeded or a model from a few years back but with specs like its got I wouldnt be caring.http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=439

Twitch Twitch 97's uncle has 1 and reckons its great.

Correct Breambo!My Uncle loves his. He uses the bigger size of his two! For Salmon, Flathead off the beach etc.I personally don't like Daiwa that much but have felt the Reel and must admit I am impressed. Super Smooth, Strong and looks wicked. It has alot of the features that the higher end reels have aswell.I am sure it would be a great buy!! TT
  • 1 month later...

Well yep having used my Caldia 2506s recently on squid' date=' it is one super smooth, enjoyalbe and sexy looking real if I do say so myself. I tell it its sexy too but it doesnt even blush! LOLBut in saying that I saw a mate _ not mentioning any names Shaneomack05 that has a fully sick TD Daiwa Feugo in like a 2000 size, it is silver with red piping. its is a mean reel and apparently you can get them to Aus for like $230So my two pics from the daiwa stable for that budget are the Caldia 2506 or TD Feuogo (its sexy check it out)The reason the feugo is [b']better than the caldia [/b]is the drag rating the caldia 2506 only has 3kg of drag which is not much where the feugo has an impressive 8.8kg. Not sure if the Feugo is superceeded or a model from a few years back but with specs like its got I wouldnt be caring.http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=439

From what I understand the Fuego is the Japan/USA version of our Luvias DA and apparently identical in every aspect but colour. I'm looking at getting a 2500 or 3000 model from ebay USA