about 2 weeks ago Moggy23 and myself popped into tha scene and had a browse around and came across a range f rods called "carrot stix" woven nano fibres from actual carrots.next it will be nano fibres from our catch :ohmy: here's a copy of some info i found on it from the net. To manufacture a Carrot Stix nano-bio-fibers are extracted from carrots. These strong, flexible fibers are added to E21's bonding matrix to create a super strong bio-polymer, which is used in the creation of their ultra high modulus graphite blanks. This results in an incredibly light yet strong and responsive blank that lends itself to diverse applications and techniques. Another piece of cutting edge technology used in the creation of the “Carrot Stix” is Element 21’s stress-free design analysis program. This program allows us to create a blank that is evenly stressed from tip to butt by identifying areas that are over-stressed and allowing these to be re-designed before mandrels are ever made. This reduces the risk of potential rod failure as well as affording a blank that is able to utilize its full mechanical potential due to the even distribution of stress along the entire blank.So what does all of this rocket science have to do with fishing? Well, consider a rod that is extremely light, can cast a country mile, so sensitive you can tell a beer can from a branch, and still allows you to place your lure right on the nose of some unsuspecting fish. That is the “Carrot Stix” experience!these rods wouldnt be any good for AFF though, with all tha wabbits he has wunning awound :P:P:P cheers 4THA

these rods wouldnt be any good for AFF though' date=' with all tha wabbits he has wunning awound :P:P:P cheers 4THA[/quote']Yeah thye'd probably last about a day around here, including the guides, dam Rodents :blink::laugh::laugh::laugh: The good Doc ( my other 1/2 ) did some nano study and research at one stage.Its interesting stuff too; theyre even looking at making battleships with the stuff :ohmy: :blink:http://www.nanowerk.com/news/newsid=1430.phpIf ever there's a WW3 they might enlist my rabbits, to gnaw holes in and sink the enemy ships :P

I always thought that it was a remarkably bad marketing strategy as one of the many lifetime long sayings I've picked up goes like this "Snapped like a carrot" :huh: :dry: :ohmy: Not sure that projo's presentation of them at a SAFWAA meeting when he was President went down too well either when some wag at the back of the room said: "Eeerrrr, What's up Doc?" :unsure:That would have been 2 or 3 years ago so the carrot stix Technology is far from new.Also found it strange that the rods are carrot coloured too, yep not good marketing IMO.

Yep believe that Godldy's fishin has got one as well.You asked what next. Well Im working on a rod made out of snapper scales and nano particles of fish burley. its suprisingly stiff but has plenty sparkle in the but when the light refracts off the scales.Its an olive green colour and if your not catching many fish you can crack the tip off and put it in your burley pot. :boot::boot::boot::fishing::clap: Brett

Yep believe that Godldy's fishin has got one as well.You asked what next. Well Im working on a rod made out of snapper scales and nano particles of fish burley. its suprisingly stiff but has plenty sparkle in the but when the light refracts off the scales.Its an olive green colour and if your not catching many fish you can crack the tip off and put it in your burley pot. :boot::boot::boot::fishing::clap: Brett

Brett, that's a bl**dy AMAZING concept, good luck with the development mate.Will you still use the Forum when you're a squillionaire? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ive actually heard these rods are the goods :)....

Me too. Apparently they are sold at fishing wholesalers on lonsdale rd. Don't know whether I would ever trust a rod made of carrot though. Might stick to graphite for now.Although I guess people would have been hesitant to switch over to graphite from fibre glass all those years ago.
breambo25 wrote:

Don't know whether I would ever trust a rod made of carrot though. Might stick to graphite for now.Although I guess people would have been hesitant to switch over to graphite from fibre glass all those years ago.

Could I just clafirfy to you Breambo and everyone else these infact are still Graphite Rods. These Rods Nano-Bio-fibers being "extracted from carrots!" These strong, flexible fibers are added to our bonding matrix to create a super strong bio-polymer, which is used in the creation of our ultra high modulus graphite blanks. This thus means you aren't intern Fishing with a Carrot. But actuallly just carrot nano Fibers; small pigments being moded to make one Strong High Modulus Blank. So you would still be Fishing Graphite Breambo! :laugh: TT