baitrunner combo

Hey,First post, I am looking at getting another rod / reel and looking for some advise or opinions. Thinking either a Shimano baitrunner 4000, DL or the ST. Mainly for something different to what I already have, and to target snapper, mullies, etc. So basically, what rod do people think would go well with the reels, without completely breaking the bank

Roundie stay away from the Jarvis Walker range.Im sure Kebab and Codie have landed some stunning fish on them but stick with Shimano my friend.Get yourself a T-curve say the 701 and you will never look back.Are you sure you need the baitrunner reel. Ie are you going to do a lot of live baiting for mullies. Cos baitrunner mode isnt needed for snapper fishing from a boat most of the time.

If your more of a Daiwa fan and want a rod that you can throw soft plastics in the lake and also fish for snapper effortlessly from a boat then this Berkley Diablo combo is sensational value.http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rod-reel-combos/spin-combos/daiwa-diablo-snapper-spin-combo-bargain-229/And although the rod is slightly short, it will still handle west lakes mullies with ease!

Are you guys pulling my leg about the jarvis walker range?

I'm a big fan of baitrunners, I've got 6 of them daiwa regal plus, okuma epix, avenger, shimano thunnus ci4, jarvis walker, outdoor expedition and honestly this reel is unbreakable. I've prob used it 50 times caught 3 big fish on it and it hasn't missed a beat. 8.2kg snapper skull dragged it in, 84cm mully demolished within 3 minutes, 40-50kg eagle ray ok that took 30mins but it did sit on the floor for 10mins of the fight. for the price there a great entry level baitrunner reel. I've dropped mine in saltwater, sand, bashed it on rocks and never once cleaned or serviced it.
Thanks' date=' I do want to target mullies down the track, but snapper to start with, was thinking this combohttp://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rod-reel-combos/boat-jigging-combos-spin-overhead/shimano-btr4500b-baitrunner-snapper-combo-199/[/quote']I really dont think you could go wrong with this combo!Thanks Smokeykebab for giving us the run down on the JW Marado. Sounds like a good knock about reel and some impressive captures under its belt that you really cant argue with..LOL :clap:
Penn 560 liveliner plus quantum rod' date=' $99 drive away no more to pay! @R&A. :fishing:[/quote']@Ray and Annes. Saw one there right as you walk in last thursday.They were selling the reels alone for $79 but have sold out i think. The rod actually looked ok. I'll stand corrected 'cause i didn't pay that close a look (was parked in the bike lane) but i reckon this is the one from memoryhttp://www.jarviswalker.com.au/quantum-alliance-rods.html

I,m an old school fisho that grew up with Penns.These liveliners are very under rated and value for money cant be beaten.bought my 560 there a couple months back for $79.Also have a couple of 760 models and theyve been bulletproof as has every other Penn ive owned,been using them for 25 years and never had to repair one.