Hey GuysI went to the port today and it turned out to be both very lucky and unlucky! To make it short a solid ST presumably, decided to pull my little tierra 2000 setup over the side and into the water when I wasnt looking. I was so pissed after bout after about half an hour I reeled in my other big rod with my live bait ready to leave when I realised it had managed to tanlge itself around my lost rod, I couldnt believe how lucky I was, however it was under water for quite a while. I have down what I can do, but what is everyone's suggestions to save the reels internals or will it eventually be ruined? what can I do?thanks guysRaider

make sure you find or download the schematics for your reel and as savagelip said strip it down, clean and re-oil/re-grease. chuck it in fresh water for now to rinse the salt off. As long as it is only full of water you'll be fine fella :)When you do strip the reel lay the parts down in order on an old towel an you wont lose bitsGood luck fella

MMM Tierra, what I would do is soak it in a bucket of Salt Away over night. Then take it out and spin it dry!. Then dunk in Salt Away and spin dry again. Repeat this procedure until you get sick of it.My theory is surely the saltaway will get to where ever the saltwater had got and by spinning it dry a number of times should get all the salt out of it.Its just a theory though but doesnt cost $40.