Put away some rods and gear tonight and looked at my dismal effort at proper rod storage. It fgot me thinking about how it could be done better and more accesable. At the moment I have a small section of the shed dedicated to fishing gear, but there has got to be a better way. Anyone have some nifty tricks or hints for storing gear? Put up some pics of your storage setups!

No photos but i store all of my gear in plano cases and I have two small bookshelves they sit in. It used to be quite spread out around the shed and house but organising your gear is good fun!Most importantly is shows you how much room you have for new gear :)I store my rods in rod bags and reels in bags in their respective boxes. My normal rods are kept in a rod rack and the more expensive ones are kept in the house.

30bux when on sale at bcf or rays outdoors. holds upto 16 rods but if youre like me and keep youre reels on ur rods then it holds 12. takes 2mins to put it together and keeps everything upright for easy access. if youre keen you can screw both haves into a wall and keep your rods stored that way too.[attachment=10717]rodholders.jpg[/attachment]

I use the exact same thing smokey. Rods are kept upright and out of the way.

You can buy wall mountable strips which are fairly inexpensive and easy to use.berkley_vertical_rod_rack_3825_28832559_L.jpgFrom memory the ones we bought weren't as good as those in the picture and only cost about $10 each I think. If you buy the strips separate you may need to whip up something to keep the butt's in place.

You can buy wall mountable strips which are fairly inexpensive and easy to use.[attachment=10752]berkley_vertical_rod_rack_3825_28832559_L.jpg[/attachment]From memory the ones we bought weren't as good as those in the picture and only cost about $10 each I think. If you buy the strips separate you may need to whip up something to keep the butt's in place.

can you just buy the foam section? i am looking for 2 of these to mount in my van to hold my rods on road trips.... Sambo

I have one of the Pelagic extreme racks and they are good quality, come flat packed and take about 5 minutes at the most to assemble. Had mine for nearly 2 years now and still looks like the day i got it, holds 16 rods only and can fit about 12 combos into it. I can recommend them but have never tried another one and probably 75% of my fishing gear is pelagic extreme stuff.

You can buy wall mountable strips which are fairly inexpensive and easy to use.[attachment=10752]berkley_vertical_rod_rack_3825_28832559_L.jpg[/attachment]From memory the ones we bought weren't as good as those in the picture and only cost about $10 each I think. If you buy the strips separate you may need to whip up something to keep the butt's in place.

can you just buy the foam section? i am looking for 2 of these to mount in my van to hold my rods on road trips.... Sambo
Pretty sure Ranger had a very similar set-up in his last car Sambo. He just might have a pic of it ?