Hi all Im curious if anyone has ever tried to make there own attractant to put on lures like S Factor so to speak ...... would be interesting to share ideas and see if anyone has had any success.Id be interested in trying to make my own too ..if anyone has any good tips or suggestions

Tuna Oil is a good idea, I have had some success with that before!But personally I am under the impression that 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' Why go to the hard work of making your own when the greatest fish attractant (S Factor) is right there for you! Keep using that and keep catching fish.Cheers TT

I did an experiment with S Factor one day. I used two identical squid jigs' date=' one with S Factor one without and the one without out fished the "Wank Factor", make of that what you will.[/quote']I think while that is impressive there are many variables that can go into gaining those results.Some of which are:1. Where the Jag was Cast, ie Weed Patches or Sand Flats etc. This will impact on where the Squid are likely feeding.2. How the Jag is being worked. Of course your not going to catch Squid when its ripped across the surface.3. Leader used. The squid has excellent sight. If one Jag is tied directly to a bright braid it will have a much lower catch rate.4. When you say 'identical' how similar. Same brand Jag? Because weight, colour and depth rate have a massive impact on Squid Results.5. How often S Factor is reapplied. If its only applied once every 4 Hours it will have a much lesser effect. I am not at all trying to payout your test as I can surely find it to be reasonable just highlighting the many variables in this test. When designed the S Factor was primarily created for the Squidgy SP's and in turn 'Scale' fish. NOT sure for Cephylapods (Squid.) Cheers TT

Haha TT...all fair points.I have the soft plastics, that's why i have the s factor. Had seen a number of fishing shows tout it's benfits for squidding so decided to try it out on a jig. Both rods identical-El cheapo boss rods, reels both 2500 seinnas, line 10 lb trilene clear mono, both rods mounted off the back of boat. Water clarity was clear. I watched many squid go for both jigs which btw were 2 dollar red head white bodied cloth items, the squid would back off from the s factor jig. It did get hook ups but under half the amount of the non s factor jig. Both jigs attached via snap swivel.While not a study one would publish findings of, it was enough to convince me that buying s factor for squid was money wasted.

Haha TT...all fair points.I have the soft plastics' date=' that's why i have the s factor. Had seen a number of fishing shows tout it's benfits for squidding so decided to try it out on a jig. Both rods identical-El cheapo boss rods, reels both 2500 seinnas, line 10 lb trilene clear mono, both rods mounted off the back of boat. Water clarity was clear. I watched many squid go for both jigs which btw were 2 dollar red head white bodied cloth items, the squid would back off from the s factor jig. It did get hook ups but under half the amount of the non s factor jig. Both jigs attached via snap swivel.While not a study one would publish findings of, it was enough to convince me that buying s factor for squid was money wasted.[/quote']Thanks JM Much appreciated!That's all I wanted to know. As I was interested in your findings.Cheers mate. Much appreciated TT

does anyone know how s-factor works ? it says attack trigger but does this mean that it is food based and is like a burley concentrate or is it ment to work more like a hormaonal or chemical trigger for the fishs nervous system ?i would assume the latter would not be alowed for environmental reasons.... hmmmmmm :unsure: