Trailer boat convoy!!!!

Just as "constructive" criticism, I'm wondering as to the worth of a rolling convoy blocking traffic, when a few tens of thousand of locals are attempting to get their screaming kids to the royal show?People are generally happy to support a cause........until it actually inconveniences them, then the whole thing can backfire by way of public opinion.In having said that, good on those who get off their bums for something they believe in.

Just as "constructive" criticism' date=' I'm wondering as to the worth of a rolling convoy blocking traffic, when a few tens of thousand of locals are attempting to get their screaming kids to the royal show?.[/quote']fair enough comment there Tony,The convoy wasnt all that big, and from what I saw, caused very little, if any disruption B) It would have been good to see a massive turnout to support the cause, but as you have alluded to, any major disruption could cause inconveniences and a huge back lash against the cause.Unfortunateley many of us get so caught up in our everyday lives that we who dont look at the bigger picture and therefore dont put much thought or effort into seeing the future impacts of NOT putting up with some short term disruption

at least the kids may remember the name margaris and half the parents probably have no idea on how this will impact future generation of the know rare species of australians and the enviroment in which we live,the more discussion the better.to change its name to an explorer is in pretty bad taste imo.got to give it to the government future australian history in schools will not be required. :clap:

This government has to be the most irresponsible government that has ever held office and basically a bunch of educated idiots that all they are doing is bending over to the big boys with a cheque book in hand as there must be deals done under the table for personal gain as nobody can be this stupid to let this happen.As a protest we should all refuse to pay boat registrations and boat ramp fees until this move is rescinded not sure how you could go about it but we need to make a stand some how as at the end of the day if there is no fish around to catch we certainly wont be registering boats would we so the dick heads can get a taste of things to come.Sad days ahead,Mick Z

The problem is with the northern hemisphere nations. They have fished out their waters and are heading southward to supply markets.The problem for our political leaders in OZ is that these boats are EU sanctioned and any attempt to ban or restrict there quotas is usually met with legal action in the international court.As ex Minister Wilson Tuckey said...."the political clout behind these super trawlers is to be feared".Federal Labor are in 200 billion dollars worth of debt and it is a sad reality that our country is foreign owned.World banks can and do take austerity measures which include owning all your natural resources and include lending interest that can never be repaid as well.North Africa and Greece are prime examples.TB

Take your point but who got us in the shit in the first place this government for their own self gratification have let this happen, the rest of the world thinks Australia as a cash cow, not sure why we are building boats and spending heaps of $$$$$$$$$$ on our armed forces when it is far cheaper to either bully us, or buy, us or jump on a boat and come out for nothing it is a joke. No other country would let this happen it is an absolute shame this is happening.Australia hasn't the money or resources to carry this burden if you think this pisses me off guess what you are rightMick Z

We can exempt our country from all ties/requirements with the UN, EU, China and other world powers but they will destroy us financially anyway. Even 10% of our carbon tax goes to the UN.They can and do take away trade agreements through sanctions and turn your countries name to mud through the media.Some level of compliance with the 'law of the sea treaty' or any UN agreement is expected to be conducted by those countries who signed up to the agreement.TB

As a protest we should all refuse to pay boat registrations and boat ramp fees until this move is rescinded not sure how you could go about it but we need to make a stand some how

My dad was telling me about a protest he was in before my time when the government put up the motorcycle license cost. Not sure exactly how it went but they didn't pay their rego until one day where everyone paid their rego causing so much of an issue at the registrar that the government listened.

As a protest we should all refuse to pay boat registrations and boat ramp fees until this move is rescinded not sure how you could go about it but we need to make a stand some how

My dad was telling me about a protest he was in before my time when the government put up the motorcycle license cost. Not sure exactly how it went but they didn't pay their rego until one day where everyone paid their rego causing so much of an issue at the registrar that the government listened.
This would only impact our state government who have already called for a full ban on this trawler both state and federally.I gather only federal road trains etc could utilise this method to affect the Commonwealth Gov?TB