Worming Beginner

Hi guys n gals,I haven't gone worming before and was wondering about a few things?1.Can it be done on a dodge tide?2.Does the beach in question have to have decent size waves?3.Are there any hotspots for worming? in the metro area?Outer Harbour looks good in theory, but i'm told even Glenelg is good. Any experiences to share? Success stories? Methods that work?I've searched the forums but found nothing definitive on worming at all, any input would be great!

Hi guys n gals' date='Outer Harbour looks good in theory, but i'm told even Glenelg is good. Any experiences to share? Success stories? Methods that work?I've searched the forums but found nothing definitive on worming at all, any input would be great![/quote']Definiteley a couple of good posts with good info on them here somehwere , maybe just keep searching ;)

With ya hands. Practice, practice and more practice.Can be frustrating at the best of times.Fill an onion bag with fish scraps, wave around in the water and watch for them to poke their heads up. Tease them out with a piece of squid or cockle, and TRY to grab them.Killer bait, and well worth the effort. Some might not think so though.I have got them from Grange, semmi, Henley areas. All our metro beaches will hold them if the sand is fine enough. They don't like the course sand so much.

Guest linke84

In my experience ShimsMan around low tide is definately the best time to get them. Try to avoid times when there are waves too, they make it so much harder.Look for a nice flat or slightly sloping beach which has a gentle wave moving in and out.I've caught them at Southport last summer so I haven't really tried anywhere else.Great bait everything eats them!

they have a fruit and veg market on the way to torrens island, banks there have blood and tube worms. the worming there is nowhere near what it used to be but if you work for them youll get a few sessions worth. waders are a must coz ull be knee deep in the worst smellin mud you can imagin. use a spade and when you see one get on him quick coz they do the bolt. smelly dirty work but never left there without them.

you wave the fish scrap bag around in the wave wash, when the water receeds you will see the worms heads sticking out because they cause a V shape in the receeding water. you then walk up to the V, place your cockle/squid bait near it, wait for the worm to latch on, then TRY to grab it :)...I've only ever caught one of these tricky bastards.watch the technique at the start of the above video, then watch from about 1:10 onward. he washes the bag around in the receeding water, walks up to the V, uses his bait (the worm actually bites it and latches on), then the magic bit... actually grabs the little begger!oh and they will bite your finger too if you're not careful.

tennyson beach on the turn of a receeding tide theres a strip sand bar thats exposed on the run out.. i tease mine out with a tiny piece of prawn wrapped in white curtain fabric so as the worm goes for the prawn when it grips on you slowly twist it up out of its hole so he's more exposed to your other hand to come in with the index finger & thumb pinching his head in a vice like grip pulling straight up B)tennyson2011001.JPGtennyson2011006.JPGsome from last yr

Berley them up then just grab the head and slide them out :clap:Let me know when you head out I'll take a six pack and give you all the advise you can take :laugh:

I assume this indicated to me. I would be keen for that, you would be drinkign the 6 pack though, I am only 16 hahaha. What are you meant to do after you catch them, as in, that is alot of worm to go on a hook, slice it up into smaller peices?

( sorry if i break any rules posting this, i don't know what your rules on posting 3rd party links are :o ) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GRAPHITE-WORMING-PLIERS-ALVEY-BRAND-NEW-MADE-OZ-/220695269579I think they would make it easier. I have tryed catching them a few times with my hands but not to any success, i was using liver, found plenty, i was just to slow.Random fact, i think i am right..correct me if i am wrong, They don't have an eyes :)

If you gently slide your thumb & index finger over the head of the worm as shown in videos This sounds easier than it is as they are very quick & sensitive to light (shadow of predators) and movement (footsteps)IF you get one wait till it arches up to gentle slide it outOr you will just get the head Dance a jig to cellebrate :blink:put worm in plastic bag in pocket with damp sandGo Fishing :fishing:

Guest Red Bull
You can slide on a lot of worm into a large hook or small piece on small hook.If you presented a beach worm and someone next to you presented a tube worm' date='the tube worm would get more bites[/quote']Even if you are fishing where you caught your beach worms from :unsure:
YesThe tube worms out fish the beach/sand worm.But both are more enticing then other baits
..interesting analogy
Has to be' date='because when you have something wriggling on a hook compared to stationary bait the worms win.[/quote']i'm more interested in the "tube worms out fish the beach/sand worm" comment.. so your saying a tube worm will outfish a beachworm in its own backyard?