Diawa Generation Black Rods

• 2 weeks later...
I bought the Itchy-Twitchy today' date=' oh and a new Freams to go with it :laugh: Shit those micro guides are small, going to fish it over the weekend so lets hope the fish play right ;) Cheers Dazz[/quote']Finally got the chance to use my itchy twitchy, which I've paired with a new-model shimano symetre 2500.I bought this rod specifically to throw lightly weighted sp's and it does that very well, I was using a 1/32 jighead and a 65mm wriggler and it threw that combo about as far as I could hope. It is a fast action rod but still whippy enough to be a good sp rod. It would also be great for small hb's including stickbaits and surface stuff and could even be a half decent blade rod, although I have another, stiffer rod for that which is better.I was concerned about the tiny guides as well but I had no issues with them casting in light wind conditions. The reel seat is incredibly comfortable in my hand and the whole outfit balances really well.All up a good all-around bream rod and unbeatable for the price. B)

Oops!!! I forgot to report back. I christened the Itchy-Twitchy last weekend on a 500mm Mulloway. It was blowing it's tits off but I had no problem with wind knots and 6lb Super PE so I also found the micro guides ok!I liked the way the outfit casts and handles fish, it gets a great bend in it but there is still enough power to roll the fish over and get him coming where you want him. I reckon I might get a couple more, maybe the Pinster for soft plastics and the Drunknmonkey for small surface lures.I like them and it feels like you have no weight in your hand at all when casting all day.Cheers Dazz

• 1 month later...