ROVEX VIROS braid

Guest macstyles

New to the whole braid thing... Was told the ROVEX VIROS was a top notch line...? Anyone using this brand and what you think of it?

Luv it to bits mate, used it in the salt and heaps in the fresh for more than 8 yearsand I might be a bit biased as I went from spiderline to this and never looked back :clap::clap::clap: 8lb Rovex Braid for the fresh and 20lb for salt ;)

i had the Rovex airstrike 30lb on a penn slammer and at first it wind knot'd continuously but after a couple trips it starting casting like a dream.. not sure if i put it down to how the guys put it on the spool or the line just wearing in abit.

Found exactly the same on my Shimano Sienna 2500 when I was tempted to overload the spool with it all being a bit new to me. As soon as the cut offs of the wind knotted bits brought the levels back again, the line operated as sweet as, even to this day :clap::clap::clap:
i had the Rovex airstrike 30lb on a penn slammer and at first it wind knot'd continuously but after a couple trips it starting casting like a dream.. not sure if i put it down to how the guys put it on the spool or the line just wearing in abit.
Found exactly the same on my Shimano Sienna 2500 when I was tempted to overload the spool with it all being a bit new to me. As soon as the cut offs of the wind knotted bits brought the levels back again' date=' the line operated as sweet as' date=' even to this day :clap::clap::clap:[/quote'']unfourtantly my slammer was dropped in the sand and had two waves go through it :evil: made my 'mate' give us the money and havnt spoken to him since lol
  • 7 months later...

I bought a 270m spool of 30lb Rovex viros NXT recently and thankfully I spooled it myself and noticed the factory join in the line about 3/4 into the spool. Wasn't a small join either :woohoo: Happy with the line properties itself but that join has put me off a bit

Wow I've Neva even heard of that.. Take it back and get another spool