Hi guys So I've been doing a little fishing at westlakes of late. I've had three separate random chats with fisherman and one guy that was just going for a walk. All 3 have said in sep oct for last 3-4 years that kgw appear at the trimmer parade end (obviously coming through pipes) and that they are thick as thieves when they appear . Can anyone confirm these talks, I couldn't see why this wouldn't happen but just wondering if anyone has caught them .

Yea, at the trimmer parade end, I was there last year and when the gates opened, everybody was catching BIG 40cm+ KGW! :woohoo: We even saw schools of them swim up into the shallows! Also when the KGW are on the bite, the salmon are too! The salmon (35cm+) there are thick when the gates open. You will always see big bream cruising in the shallows on top of the weed beds but don't bother trying for them... They never bite. :evil: Cheers Alex. :fishing:

especially around November they come through the pipes,the old dude who lives in an apartment there has great fun calling the council inspectors in to stop people fishing over the pipes,quite a laugh to see,but hey,you're not supposed to do it.Any way,last year june I was getting them early morning near the bower road gates,they can show up almost any where