Success whiting poppers

funny how they are all named after dogs got a few mates that'd like the hooch :whistle: :whistle: if you do manage to get a whiting on a popper alex I will be shattered, I have tried so many times now with a grand total of zero I have only used the bushy's poppers though good luk with it mate look forward to your vid cheers 4THA

funny how they are all named after dogs got a few mates that'd like the hooch :whistle: :whistle: if you do manage to get a whiting on a popper alex I will be shattered' date=' I have tried so many times now with a grand total of zero I have only used the bushy's poppers though good luk with it mate look forward to your vid cheers 4THA[/quote']Give me a yell some time, i fill you in on where I get them on surface lures.I personally prefer surface walkers my favourite two are bassday sugapens in orange and Atomic k9 walkers in chartreuse which has a clear body with a yellow head. Normally if one doesn't work the other will
funny how they are all named after dogs got a few mates that'd like the hooch :whistle: :whistle: if you do manage to get a whiting on a popper alex I will be shattered' date=' I have tried so many times now with a grand total of zero I have only used the bushy's poppers though good luk with it mate look forward to your vid cheers 4THA[/quote']Give me a yell some time' date=' i fill you in on where I get them on surface lures.I personally prefer surface walkers my favourite two are bassday sugapens in orange and Atomic k9 walkers in chartreuse which has a clear body with a yellow head. Normally if one doesn't work the other will[/quote']i'll take you up on that, i'd love to slam some fish on surface lures every time I see pics/footage it looks like so much fun I think the attack and the splashy commotion is what getz me all razzed up cheers 4THA

I am in the same boat as 4THA. I have tried numerous times and had no success, even using worms as bait. Might have to head out tomorrow and search.But, I think you are on the right track there Alex. I have seen people landing YFW on surface walkers such as those Berkley ones, the Bassday Sugapen , Atomic K9 pup or Walker, Bushy's Stiffy popper and Zerek Popparazzi.

funny how they are all named after dogs got a few mates that'd like the hooch :whistle: :whistle: if you do manage to get a whiting on a popper alex I will be shattered' date=' I have tried so many times now with a grand total of zero I have only used the bushy's poppers though good luk with it mate look forward to your vid cheers 4THA[/quote']Give me a yell some time' date=' i fill you in on where I get them on surface lures.I personally prefer surface walkers my favourite two are bassday sugapens in orange and Atomic k9 walkers in chartreuse which has a clear body with a yellow head. Normally if one doesn't work the other will[/quote']i'll take you up on that, i'd love to slam some fish on surface lures every time I see pics/footage it looks like so much fun I think the attack and the splashy commotion is what getz me all razzed up cheers 4THA
No problems, i took a mate out to a northern beach this afternoon to help him get his first yfw on lure. We got there about an hour and a half later than we would have likes (bloody work) and it wasnt looking to good as there was a bit too much wind stirring the surface.He got two on bait around 26cm and finally after the wind dropped i hooked up on a surface lure. I got two both 35cm and dropped two more due to not setting the hooks properly. he finally got one which we didnt measure but looked slightly bigger than both of mine. They are definitely out there and happy to take lures. My mate was using a bassday sugapen in orange and i got mine on a ecogear px55.
i'll take you up on that' date=' i'd love to slam some fish on surface lures every time I see pics/footage it looks like so much fun I think the attack and the splashy commotion is what getz me all razzed up cheers 4THA[/quote']I think catching fish on surface lures is the most exciting fishing there is, it's the whole visual attack and noise of it. Locally so far I have only caught some smallish bream on poppers at West Lakes , but even that was heaps of fun. I'd love to get some yfw, salmon or anything else on surface lures more regularly, may have to pursue that more this coming year. The dream someday is a big kingy!! B)

Alex, have you seen Adam Royters Video? They are very helpful for using the 3B range of lures and will give you the rod action you need for that lure. Straight through mono or a very long/Greased leader is good for the walkers, they sit very low on the pause so a line that floats is best.I fish with the Scum Dogs a lot late summer time, the Mongrel is a great colour as well.