YFW Sighted!

Last night I was fishing at Glenelg; when I was leaving, I saw a few decent schools of YFW cruising the shallows. I hadn't seen them schooled up in such numbers this summer.

The other thing that caught my eye was an enormous flatty stalking the schools of YFW. I've never seen such a big flatty in the metro waters. If I wasn't on my way to catch the last tram of the night, I would have stopped and thrown a couple of lures at it.

10 hours ago, MAH said:

Last night I was fishing at Glenelg; when I was leaving, I saw a few decent schools of YFW cruising the shallows. I hadn't seen them schooled up in such numbers this summer.

The other thing that caught my eye was an enormous flatty stalking the schools of YFW. I've never seen such a big flatty in the metro waters. If I wasn't on my way to catch the last tram of the night, I would have stopped and thrown a couple of lures at it.

That's great to hear MAH, I hadn't seen any about at Kingston Park the last few times, heaps of mullet though, schools swimming around in the hundreds.

On 23/02/2023 at 12:36 PM, MAH said:

On 23/02/2023 at 12:36 PM, MAH said:

Was out there last school holidays and there would have been at least 15 big whiting pushing the shallows. What confused me was how unphased they were with people swimming. Tried my luck but they just were not interested. They can be bloody fussy at times!!