To scent or not too scent ....??

I've noticed while running through all the different posts on S&H, that the subject of bait/lure scents is quite a controversial topic.Seems to me that there is no middle ground and guys either love 'em or hate 'em. My sole venture into scenting came about by winning a spray can of berley chum at a SAFWAA raffle. I am led to believe that this was one of the most popular prizes to win and the guys all dug deep into thier pockets to obtain ownership of this wonderful product ::) Anyway I tried the spray on just about everything, I thought that a cloth covered prawn would have me bagging out in milliseconds,. Alas, 'twas not to be :'( :'( :'(I would love to hear if any one has enjoyed success and will be able to share with us guys looking for doubling our success rate by a simple scented application to our favourite bait/lure :fishing: 8)Cheers,tonyb.

I use it on my H/Bs and have also topped up the smell on S/Ps on occasions.Heaps of times after i've applied it i have got fish within a couple of casts.I,m a smoker though so i like it as a masking agent as much as anything.I generally use just a smear and thin it out over the lure.I can't guarantee it catches more fish but it works for me. cheers brenton

i use them but i think could be more of one of those confidence thingshave used stimulate in a can but it kept clogging with the glitter would not recommend because of thishad a bottle of stimulate but it was a very thin liquid so i cant really see how it would stay onhave used a halco scent like a cream this gives a good coat that could be rubbed into O rings etc and you can see it still there after a few casts also can see fish following when using the pasteso thats my favourite so far i would use others in a paste/cream if i could find themI'm a smoker as well so thats one of my reasons for using as wellcheers Justin

this one time, i got two flowers. i covered one in ultrabite (the liquid one, not the paste), and then threw it in the water. at the same time, i threw in another of the same flower, but fresh off the bush. it got smashed, and the ultrabite one didnt. that said, i notice better results on some days when fishing sp's caked in the ultrabite paste, to such an extent that i know im not imagining it. go figure :icon_lol:

gidday allive been trying different scents with lures an baits on and off for years while fishing alone and alongside other fishos not useing them,only recently i have given it all up because its too hit and miss for me .mind you most of my fishing is in fresh water,but some has been in salt.heres a list: glow bait and kerosene. nill halco catch scent fresh .nill salt . nill stimulate fresh. nill salt . nill garlic fresh.nill salt .some gardies tuna oil fresh.nill salt .snook w/d forty / crc fresh. yes and no cockles juice fresh . yes cockles whole fresh yes yes yes (goldern perch love them) Aniseed Salt .no fresh . yes and no crushed shrimp and garden worms salt yes fresh yes Bacon fat fresh yes and noHope this helps cheers peelipeeli 14

Micky,i just apply when i cant really see any on the lure 30 mins or so, if there is some on there but i,m going fishless i'll just give it a rub to release a bit of flavor.Tony,for me... stimulate paste with Ultra bite in the bream/ snapper formula.I use this one in both the fresh and salt.There are other versions but they all smell the same to me.Some people swear by the squidgey pro paste and i,ve seen a few posts where people are asking to buy it separate from the S/Ps it comes with but alas you cant. cheers brenton

gdday bennyThe cockles are good to eat on the bbq if the fish dont bite :D ;D :Pi know this is off the subject a bit but i also buy green prawn meat from supermarket ($21 p/kg approx) this works well for baitfishing in fresh water, cut the tails into halves lengthwise,its cheaper than frozen bait shrimp/prawns but ok to get started untill i get live bait and the same as cockles if the fishing is slow ,very nice with leftover bacon on the bbq sorry tonyb for hijacking this post cheers peelipeeli 14 im now off to the Darling river for a fish seeya

quoted from Dirty PhilWell as the smokers have fessed up to using it to hide the smell, I thought I would as well.You see I'm a chronic masterbator so I use it to hide the smell, I still dont catch much but I always seem to enjoy myself.

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_e_surprised: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

G'day Tony.I'll see if i can remember to bring into the next club meeting all the different scents (waxes, sprays & liquids) I've used over last couple of years & give you a run down on whats worked & what still to prove its self.