Went out in the boat today, was gorgeous weather this morning, packed up the boat about between 9.00 and 9.30, hit the water bout 10.00am, headed south for whiting, thought we would give the soft plastics a go, no whiting :( , but got half a dozen squid :woohoo: :woohoo: , lost 5 though dammit.. :laugh: Was good fun, got inked about 3 times, bounced off the canopy and hit me lol.. :laugh: Neraly fell over board laughing :laugh: , Bwasterd squid..Anyway here is a little Vid.. Posted Image
Guest undertaker

You got a nice feed of squid for tea tonight,well done Sandy.Third one wasn't so keen to hop in the bucket though.....Looked like a great day to be on the water.....even Flipper looked happy ;)

rocknev wrote:

if you wanna stop them inking ya, bring them along sie the boat, then lean over and grab em around the neck.... they will blow there ink in the water, and your safe... ( most of the time anyway)

Gee they can pump it out, and at a fair distant lmao :laugh::laugh: Had one hooked and about 5, 6 chasing, :ohmy: :ohmy: , couldn't get enough Jigs out :laugh::laugh:
shane wrote:

Top effort on squid, love the vidThose squid were getting some great air time You could always use a net, they ink in the net not over you But that would take the fun out of it and not make a very good vidFishing on weekdays – 1 karma ;)

:laugh::laugh: Net YES, It was forgotten, lol,Still sitting under the pool table :laugh:DOH!!! :laugh: Was a good laugh, swinging squid and dodging, lol ;)
Tyke wrote:

Top day there Sandy.I looked longingly seaward but had stuff to do :) Thanks for the video!!Ever caught Cuttlefish?? - even more ink!Karma point for ya.

Ohhhhh Yea :blush: , the cuttlefish are beauties :laugh: Sis in law said lets go for cuttlefish for bait for snapper, I was IN, course yes, lets go.. :silly: We went off the rocks down the beach here, we were pulling them in, and me being me :S wore a PINK and white jumper ( Big Blonde Moment) :blush: ..Not a good thing, reeled in and a good cuttlie , spout of ink JETTED out all over my jumper lol ..I just bought the bliddy jumper from jay jay's, :blush: NOTE to self, WEAR OLD CLOTHS :laugh:
snapperhead wrote:

I was in Whyalla this morning and thought to myself how perfect conditions were for a day out on the water.Pity I had to work while some lucky people enjoyed themselves fishing :cheer: Good to see you got a feed cheerssnapps

Cheers :) ,it certainly was a nice day on the water this morning, Squid was not quite on the menu for dinner, went for Whiting, but hey,im not complaining, a nice feed of squid is just as good :) Weather got a bit blowley, so came in, was hoping to stay out till late this arvo..Next time ;)
Del wrote:

fantastic work! love how cheeky those dolphins are!!

they been around for years.they hang just inside the marina, and when a boat comes in, they follow it in....they get high out of the water, so you know they are looking for a fish or 2...we hand fed one of them 78 shitties one day... ive even had one take a fish out of my mouth...brother was on the port river last year,,,dolphin spotting, and the bloke on the mic was so excited and shouted out there was a dolphin... 20 mtrs away.... :unsure: bro couldnt believe it... thats as close as it came...he had to have a laugh though.... the bloke asked...'DOES ANYBODY KNOW MUCH ABOUT DOLPHINS?" quick as a flash my bro put his hand up..." YES MATE...WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM??" bro calmly replies..." WELL...THEY LOVELY EATING...." true story... the poor bloke was horrified, but everyone had a good laugh.bro couldnt believe that people paid money to do this tour, and got to see a dolphin no more than 20mtrs away.hell come to whyalla.... you can hand feed them here.theywill even come to the back of the boat while its at the ramp...mum, dad and a baby.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlv5HF2WCH0

This is a bloody good country we live in where you can do this on the way home from a fish. People elsewhere would give their left leg to have an experience like that.They are just magnificent creatures. But to think, there are people who have been cruel to them in the past.This video shows what a trusting, inquisitive, and friendly animal they are. Top notch footage. Good on ya for treating them so well.Cheers.

Del wrote:

fantastic work! love how cheeky those dolphins are!!

They are gorgeous Del , they love the waves at the back of the boat and jumping in them, and then come in for a feed off your boat. Sad and horrific thing is that at one stage youths had been seen attracting the dolphins with Tommy ruff fish, and then dropping large rocks onto them, I think that one was even killed, not in this incident but another ( I think ) they are so friendly and used to be fed by us locals.. Which is a No No here..
pescados wrote:
rocknev wrote:
brother was on the port river last /quote]Wonder how many people get disappointed ?See the boat quite often on their daily cruises but quite often dolphins are now where to be seen.
really.... hell you dont even need a boat here... if you had some fish for them, you could sit on the steps all day and feed them.now the 2 regular adult dolphin come right up. if you hang a fish out, one of them will push the other out of the way...even lay on top of it so that it gets the fish...the baby is prob still suckling, but stays just out of arms reach while mum and dad get a feed.

yeah there were three or four hangin around Torrens Island Bridge yesterday thrashing around in the shallows chasing fish...I cast in a couple of times with small bites before they showed up but once they rocked up and seemed to be stayin I pack my gear and went the other side of the power plant driveway, they don't seem to go around that far