Snapper overhead help please

I've got a penn sports, want to get a better overhead, I've got an older abu 6000 reel, but want something a bit tougher, smoother etc to target bigger snapper, and be able to handle mullies, gummies etc from the boat.Thinking tekota 600, TLD 20, or possibly even saltist 20H?Your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated. I guess it would be spooled with 30lb braid for a guess.....Ta

Thats some pretty serious gear your after for snapper. I have a penn 220 gto on a 10-15kg rod and that was overkill even for large snapper. Almost like winching them in :laugh: I think the line used was only 10kg mono. Just depends on how else you are gonna use the gear I suppose as to what you should purchase.

They have pretty huge line capacities on them. You are right they would be overkill on the snapper, but I would assume they are on the right target for gummys, mullies, kingies etc.Anyway, just getting a feel as to which reel is recommended in that kinda $200 price range for an overhead....alternatively I stick with my Abu 6000

I'd got the charter special or if you want to spend a little extra for a slightly more refined reel the tekota.I use the small 500 model this for snapper and its smooth as and more than capable for bigger reds.If you run braid or some of the low diametre lines you get plenty on the spool.For kings I would save up a bit and get a dedicated outfit, I use tld 20 and penn sports and its a nice rig for the money I paid.