Camping and Fishing locations.

Well Del and I have been talking about places to go for more weekend fishing trips (open invite) Plan is to rock up on a Friday night and leave Sunday. Camping is a must and needs to be right on the water (or as close as possible) so does anyone have any good spots they would like to share? Closer to Adelaide the better but 2-3hr drive is fine, thinking Yorkes mainly.

Around The Gap on Yorkes is pretty good.i used to go there on long weekends and not see a soul.There is good snorkeling off the reefs,a few kg from the rocks and other assorted fish from the beach.Chuck a right hand turn off the main rd at weetulta and head to the coast.The Gap is on the right but i like to go left and stay behind the dunes(cuts down on the wind)Just check Google maps etc because i think there are a couple of places called the Gap on yorkes....up near Cape elizabeth ain't bad either. cheers brenton

Sorry Softy all in jest Yorks all good spots The Gap like Brenton said Levans Beach, Browns etc lots of spots in innes and outGym Beach is one of my Favourites Its not so much were, it’s more the company that make itEven the other way probably a bit better this time of year Murray mouth / Salt Creek etc

the gap is closed these days! spewing we liked that spot too.. last time we went we caught swallow tail off the rocks on plastics, actually we did better there on plastics than bait. we did the trek down the hill at cape spencer, around the rocks untill you see a big ass rock with deep water ( cant miss it ) cast out as far as you can.

some good suggestions, and all places ive never been. so def keen on somthing happening :Dafter christmas... it shall be on!!!cant wait to get this other vehicle up n running properly :DJabbas done her best for us.. but if its beach driving i think we probably be pulled out a few times LOL

so, where are some more good weekend away camping areas. close to the water basically.. walking distance from camp to fishing area = a bonus.. as softy and i do enjoy a beer ;)im from west coast sa.. softy is victorian.. and neither of us know too much about the local area.. but we do enjoy a trip away and love to get out there when we can.

Guest davidm#2

just got back from down there, we saw a group that probs had about 20 car, lol truethats probs what this strike and hook road trip will look likealso i have to agree salts is one of my favs(i will post report later)cheer

port parham is close to adelaide and has a free camping area alongside the beach.no fires allowed, but has some amenities.the social club is open sat nights for those not prepared.the crabs were not there this time last year, not sure about this year. a report from last yearhttp://www.strikehook.com/forum/42-metropolitan/25400-port-parham-crabs

I'm up for a Salts trip, never fished there but keen on trying new places, there's plenty of places from Edithbugh to Innes to camp, most right on the dunes, no amenities at most of them though, if you need a hand getting the car up and running give me a shout.Mike