My First solo Snapper

Woohoo!!!I went out on my first solo Snapper trip yesterday,took along a Pom that has only been here a few weeks for the experience.I've had quite a mentor over this last 12 months and it was time to go out and have a go myself - with the blessing of my mentor :) Out on the water for 5.30 to a wonderful sea.A fairly uneventful trip but the longest single one I've done.Anchored up on the spot and got the lines out.It only took 10 minutes and my Pom companion pulled a 10lb'er out! :laugh::laugh: I told him he was not allowed any more before me or he was swimming home :laugh: The weather just kept getting better with a near glassy sea..I decided to check my bait and what the heck? There was a 10lb'er sat on the line.I'd seen the rod twitching but was waiting for the run.Had a couple of biggies bust me and da Pom off,they were big fish.Just a bit eager to get them in I reckon :angry::angry: Not long after I had another sat on the line,this time a 12.5lb'er.Pulled up a Pt Jackson as well which my Pom mate liked- his first shark :laugh: The elusive 4th biggie was not there so it was back to the ramp for lunch.Had a ball,weather was perfect,boat handled great over a longer trip.Now just need to improve my style :):) A big thank you to my mentor who has been very patient with me over this last 12 months + thanks to Trev for the boat tips :)Posted Image