TYING FISHNUTS PRAWN FLY

G'day Guys,I've had a few requests for instructions on how to tie my prawn fly so here's a couple of little videos I made for the whole process. Hope you have fun with it.Cheers DarrenPART 1http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9976101&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" PART 2http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9978179&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1"

Nice one FN,thanks for going to the effort of putting up those great vids,I"m sure the flyfishing guys will benefit ,looks like it could have many uses not only for Bream,but even the SaffWa guys would do well on that in their dams on species such as Reddys,Callop ,Bass and Silver Perch if presented in likely areas.Cheers B)

G'day Cal,Your right mate, anything that eats shrimp or prawns should take them. So far I've caught Mulloway, Bream, Salmon and I'll be throwing them myself at some Callop in about 2 weeks. The reddies should love them and a couple I sent to a mate in N.S.W. ended up being swallowed by a heap of Bass ;) .With the addition of a little heavier lead wire they can also be cast on a light weight spin outfit. So as you said, very versatile.Cheers Darren

Wow! Top stuff Darren! Great looking fly, and an excellent step by step tutorial.Thanks for taking the time to put that together and share.They definately look the 'goods'..The Liquid Fusion looks easy to use (no mixing) and a top finish too.Better than 5min epoxy I've been using.Don't suppose it's available here locally anywhere?Keep up the great work!! and tight lines!

G'day Tonka,Mate you can get the Liquid Fusion from Chris at FLYWORLD for about $12.00 a bottle and it lasts for ages. It definately beats using epoxy and it doesn't go yellow and it's lighter too ;) . You do however have to rotate it for about 1/2 an hour but that's fine, it's still better than epoxy. I even use it to coat the eyes for my smaller shrimp after I have coloured them with Sharpies, works a treat and once again better than epoxy.Cheers Darren

• 1 month later...

G'day Darren,I have got my carapace material in both clear and speckled,have ordered some liquid fusion which should arrive in the post soon.I already have the hooks ,fuzzle dub in every colour made and every other material required.Hopefully I should have a few tied up soon to try out on the Glenelg river on Anzac day weekend.Might chuck a few in the Pat as well before I go.It will sure be a change for me with over 90% of my fly fishing normally chasing trout.I am looking forward to a bit of a salt change Cheers MateRollcast

fishnuts wrote:

G'day Cal,Your right mate, anything that eats shrimp or prawns should take them. So far I've caught Mulloway, Bream, Salmon and I'll be throwing them myself at some Callop in about 2 weeks. The reddies should love them and a couple I sent to a mate in N.S.W. ended up being swallowed by a heap of Bass ;) .With the addition of a little heavier lead wire they can also be cast on a light weight spin outfit. So as you said, very versatile.Cheers Darren

got a few your willing to give/sell? im willing to flick a few and devote a few sessions to their usage. of recent times we have landed some very nice trout on HBs and vibes. but i reckon the surface flys would of been a good go!
Del wrote:got a few your willing to give/sell? im willing to flick a few and devote a few sessions to their usage. of recent times we have landed some very nice trout on HBs and vibes. but i reckon the surface flys would of been a good go!I'm sorry mate but I'm having enough trouble tying them so I can keep my own supplies up. I don't mean to sound selfish but since I've put this pattern up I've had that many requests for flies that I just can't tie them that fast :laugh: . I hope you understand. By the way Del these are subsurface flies so I don't know if they would be of any use to you.Cheers Darren