Softy wrote:

Really? i thought it was illegal for all types of fishing/burley.

LOL! Welcome to the wonderful world of legislation! :blink: Any animal product is banned as "burley".Small quantities can be used as "bait" though. ie: mince as mullet mix etc.It is up to the discretion of individual fisheries officers as to "what" constitutes a small quantity. As fishermen, we rely on their being reasonable about this, and we hope we don't catch them on a bad day or in a bad mood, otherwise what WE deemed a small quantity could in actual fact be classed as an offence! :dry: :unsure: :S

you can get a variety of fish from rapid bay jetty. tommies, snook, mullet, leather jackets, squid and if your lucky king fish. went there about a month ago and it was packed, but very quiet..only got 1 tommie which the cat thoroughly enjoyed, lol :laugh: dont think theres any crabs around, the bottom is mostly rock I think.. bit of a tip, use floats on your squid jags, I've lost so many jags to bloody snags there. :angry: think rangers right about the meat thing, small bits on a hook are acceptable for catching mullet or carp.. definately a no no for crabs and burley tho ;)

yorke_angler wrote: I've lost so many jags to bloody snags there. :angry:
And for this I thank you!! We used to go snorkelling on the old jetty and dive down the pylons getting all the jags and rigs off. Literally a bucket load one day!! Along with that, we used to spear heaps of snook under the "T" section.