well green and yellow is a good flathead color but i'd like to see what it is before i said its a goer.Retrieves depend on location but a twitch and pause is a good place to start.I haven't fished Davenport creek for about 10 years but if i remember correctly there is quite a bit of tide there and snags in the middle so i would avoid a big cast out into the guts.I would probably wade the flats on a falling tide and find an area where i could drag the lure over a dropoff into some deeper water.get your feet wet and give it a go. cheers brenton

if its calm and its shallow.. you can sight cast to them.. half a pillie usually does the job.. or a fillet of tommy rough on some ganged hooks. cast out in front and a distance away if you can see them. dont spook them with the baits hitting the water. if your just casting willynilly.. then slow retrieves with slight pauses have always worked for me.

if ya using bait, berley up, and fish a half pillie/ fish fillet on a paternoster rig and slowly retrieve it every minute or so. to entie a strike from a flattie, the main thing is keep ya lure on the bottom, and plenty of twitches, look for channel edges, weedlines and holes

fishnuts wrote:

I can give you a tip, don't grip flathead with a thumb grip or you'll end up with flathead thumb like I did today :silly: :laugh: :laugh:Cheers DarrenPosted Image

Stuff the thumb fishnuts we wanna see the fish. :P Just kidding mate,be nice to see the fish though,did you get it on one of your self tied flies,and if so what type of spot did you fish,sandflats,weedbeds ect and what type of retrieve did the trick?Cheers B)
Cal wrote:

fishnuts wrote:

I can give you a tip, don't grip flathead with a thumb grip or you'll end up with flathead thumb like I did today :silly: :laugh: :laugh:Cheers DarrenPosted Image

Stuff the thumb fishnuts we wanna see the fish. :P Just kidding mate,be nice to see the fish though,did you get it on one of your self tied flies,and if so what type of spot did you fish,sandflats,weedbeds ect and what type of retrieve did the trick?Cheers B)
Mate it was only a 60cms flatty but geez his teeth were sharp.I didn't catch it my mate did, I just had to get the lure out of it's mouth after it scoffed it. I still can't catch one of these bloody flatties on fly, got me buggered, people seem to get them all around me but I'm just not that lucky :laugh::laugh::laugh: .Maybe I'll fair better tomorrow ;) .Cheers Darren