Land based; jetty, beach or rocks?

I would say all three Marko, each one has their own ups and downs.Rocks are a challenge as you have to keep one eye on the sea at all times and the rewards are their for those that put in the time.Beach, nothing like sand in the toes and having a whole beach to yourself, sometimes its hectic most times relaxing.Jetty, would be my worst of the three because of the crowds but still enjoyable especially when you want to get the youngins onto some tommies or squid.

1) beach- love the surf and salmon fishing2) the stones- great place to cast lures, you will never know what turns up!3)estuary- flicking lures for bream, salmon trou and mulloway4) jetties- only jetties I like is the ones that get seldomly fished

most succesful definately outer harbor breakwater never had a day where I didnt catch something. plenty of different species to target as well. I managed to catch 11 different species in a session there during summer. bit of a walk tho and not very comfortable as say west lakes but you never know what you'll catch there.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SnappaHunta

For me, if Its not a boat day, it all about finding some rocks, even in an area I've never fished, I'll generally over look the obvious jetty and search out a rocky point or breakwater etc. Got the scars to prove it too hahaha go the stones!