Clear Cure Goo Buzzers

G'day All you trouties,This is the first lot of trout flies I've tied besides a few nymphs so I thought I'd knock up some Buzzers and give them a coat of Clear Cure Goo. I'm liking using this stuff more and more. It's easy to use and is setup in seconds with the UV light. Great stuff and definately easier to use than 2 part epoxy. Cheers DarrenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

tonyb wrote:

Totally impressive Darren, any for sale? B) The redfin would go ape on patterns like those! :woohoo: Have you tried it with a bead head? B):unsure: Bought some shrimp type imitators off Joepro which would have benefitted from your technique as well (I think Joe uses the two pack for his flies)

Thanks Tony,It's too much trouble to tie stuff forsale mate, it kind of takes away the enjoyment I get from tying flies , it makes it seem like work. I'm going to try some bead heads next.Goldy it's called CLEAR CURE GOO as in the title. It costs about $50.00 for the full setup including the UV light plus the extras I bought too. When you consider a pack of Devcon 2 pack epoxy costs about $30.00 now and goes yellow after about 1 month, this stuff is worth every cent.For $100.00 I've got enough gear to tie hundreds of flies. You do you use abit more on saltwter flies but it's still alot more economical.Cheers Darren
fishnuts wrote:

tonyb wrote:

Totally impressive Darren, any for sale? B) The redfin would go ape on patterns like those! :woohoo: Have you tried it with a bead head? B):unsure: Bought some shrimp type imitators off Joepro which would have benefitted from your technique as well (I think Joe uses the two pack for his flies)

Thanks Tony,It's too much trouble to tie stuff forsale mate, it kind of takes away the enjoyment I get from tying flies , it makes it seem like work. I'm going to try some bead heads next.Goldy it's called CLEAR CURE GOO as in the title. It costs about $50.00 for the full setup including the UV light plus the extras I bought too. When you consider a pack of Devcon 2 pack epoxy costs about $30.00 now and goes yellow after about 1 month, this stuff is worth every cent.For $100.00 I've got enough gear to tie hundreds of flies. You do you use abit more on saltwter flies but it's still alot more economical.Cheers Darren
Cheers Darren, I just went to there site and had a look. they have got plenty of diffrent stuff. what type of glue did you use? thick, thin, tack free???Cheers Goldy

Cheers Darren, I just went to there site and had a look. they have got plenty of diffrent stuff. what type of glue did you use? thick, thin, tack free???Cheers GoldyMate I've got a tube of them all including the brushable one. They all have a different purpose. Anyway it's cheaper if you just get the lot :laugh::laugh::laugh: .I used the thick on these buzzers though.Cheers Darren

For those of you that are interested, Clear Cure Goo is now available from FLYWORLD in Perth via phone order or internet order. His prices look very good so there is no longer the need to buy this stuff from the States and pay the high postage rates. Cheers DarrenI have no connection with FLYWORLD except that I spend too much money there :P:laugh::laugh::laugh: