here are some flies that i tied last summer to catch squid on, i used a gas torch to melt the plastic around the prongs on a youzuri squid jag and got 6 sets of 2 prongs off it, enough for 3 flies, i then bound the prongs to the hook sides and then epoxied over them. then proceded to tie a clouser body, the only thing i would change is to use buck tail for the body infuture, have caught quite a few squid on them and they sink horozontaly not head heavy like a normal clouser, i think this entices the squid a bit more. tie some up and have a go, they are great fun on fly.Posted ImagePosted Image

• 6 months later...

Not baggin,Johns a mate :P Just give credit where credits due.Bruce Brown invented that fly right down to the bend in the eye of the hook.Bruce Brown has a DVD that shows you how to tie that fly and a bunch of other rippers even his KILLER profile flies that cane the mullies.Ask Keith at fishermans paradiseBruce is the KING :clap:

lol nick...never see bruces, but i did ask him how he did his jags on the side, and he said to turn the nose up, i tried getting the jags out of a set and couldnt do it, so i bought yozuris and melted them out so they are alot lighter than most, the rest of the fly just go tied... so its a 'variation'but yeah simialr to bruces, basicly a clouser with jags:laugh: