• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me there was pleanty of hours put in to catch that. The mrs was ready to leave me...... Every weekend all weekend, any weather. But in the end it was all worth it. Come to think of it it would still be worth it. Nothing like fishing with ya mates...

Guest big lizard

no matter weather you killed it or not mate it's a corker and to those whom say that you done wrong, up yours it's legal and it's your catch, top shark Tom..Pitty about the record.... My mate got a 9ft shark also 3 weeks ago...CheersHaha i got done a while back but i got stripped of 1100m of 24kg 0n my 50TW, no bronzie, consistant run it was only cruising done me in under 20mins lol drag was locked in the end never turned it head..It headed west and that's where it stayed seeya :icon_lol:

Guest big lizard

9ft is the average and smaller from a jetty unless you hook a pointer by mistake...Personally i reckon a Penn 6/0 is ample from a jetty loaded with 15kg or 24kg mono extra line capacity is good if you get into a big sucker though, if you can find a Penn 9/0 you'd be laughing...Im not a fan of the Daiwa game reels...Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my biggest shark was 11kg of gummy caught down at goolwa just over the outlet pipe.Bugger of a thing just sat there eating without moving my line. I just happened to decide that id had enough for the night so i can go and cook a feed before a second session and about half way in my line took off and in she came. Unfortuantely she swallowed the hooks and they were gill hooked and she died not long after landing so i made sure she was out of her misery and she graced the table later on that week. Id show you a picture but dont know how to post up pics :(

Thanks Luke,as i said it was being very lazy and was hoping i wouldnt notice i guess :icon_lol: considering all of the gummies i have caught from there was very very lazy. Until it felt the hooks i guess.....I have found it best on a full moon for the big ones with a little occasional cloud cover and a SW Breeze.Used old school grappling sinker on a 1 mt trace with a single dropper/2 hooks (mustad 5/0) and a large squid head.....mmmmmm squiiiid.......