wilson live fibre rods

was checking out the wilson live fibre rods in a tackle store yesterday and they look quite good,I want a decent rod for snapper on soft plastics and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these rods or maybe suggest a better rod for the job, willing too pay between $200-$300 bucks and would appreciate any advice from people regarding whats best suited for this style of snapper fishing...will be using a diawa 4000 with 25lb braid cheers snake

was checking out the wilson live fibre rods in a tackle store yesterday and they look quite good' date='I want a decent rod for snapper on soft plastics and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these rods or maybe suggest a better rod for the job, willing too pay between $200-$300 bucks and would appreciate any advice from people regarding whats best suited for this style of snapper fishing...will be using a diawa 4000 with 25lb braid cheers snake[/quote']The Berkley Diablo in 6-10kg is an awesome soft plastics stick. This rod cost $269 I belive. (dont quote me on that)The BSR802 that Shauno just sold is pretty dam nice too but is #$339 from memory.I run only 20lb braid on my 4000 but nothing wrong wtih 25lb.You could also look at getting a second hand Luvias.
Pfluger make some AWESOME rods' date=' dunno about those Shimano's tho..........:lol:[/quote'] i agree,i have a couple of pfluger rods for the bream and reckon there the best i've ever owned. Will check out all rods mentioned above but like brenton,I was quite impressed with the wilson live fibre rods. Maybe someone who builds their own custom rods could build what i need and could do with some extra cash.

I have 3 Live fibres,and I love 'em all :P 2 are "off the rack".......an 8' o/h rated 8/10kg,and a 7' o/h LBG 15/24kg.The third is a 5'6" stroker 24/37kg that I had built at South Oz Rods a number of years back.That's a stump puller,and has done a lot of work on heavyweights,and is still as nice as the day it was built.There's obviously a lot of great rods around from other makers,but they are bloody good rods,especially for the $$$$

I have 3 Live fibres' date='and I love 'em all :P [/quote'] i've had a few rods in the past, most are crap ,but i've liked a few as well, light to hold,nice too cast but too be honest i've never felt the love and goddam it I WANT THE LOVE!!! If a crazy vodka lovin russian can feel the love of not just one but all THREE rods in his harem well dammit thats the rod for me!! Wilson live fibre rods i hope this will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!!! thanx mr.USSR u convinced me!! p.s. but be warned USSR, if i catch u doin unspeakle things to my new rod while i'm at work there will be Russian dancing bear blood spilt on USSR streets! cheers snake

well it was a restless nights sleep last night because today was the day too head down to the tackle shop and purchase my new wilson live fibre rod and i am happy too inform you all that i am now the proud owner of a [insert drum roll].....diawa 7'6" catalina 762MH!! awesome rod!! dont get me wrong the wilson l/v is a great rod but for only $30 extra the quality of this rod made choosing the catalina easy... p.s. mmm, was that the sound of russian dancing bears breathing a sigh of relief? indeed it is USSR!! cheers snake