hooks for snapper

It depends on where im fishing really and how many fish there are at my location.Circles if theres a big school and j hooks if im waitin for bites or runs.Depending on what bait im using determines the size of the hook/hooks...single 7/0 circle for fish peices (usually boat fishin).Single j style 6/0 hook for landbased , and 2 j hook octopus if using pilies.

el cheapo 6.0's from big w.used to run one of them with a gamakatsu circle hook either above of below it..and surprisingly, the red suicide hook from big w was the one that hooked more fish...by about 70/30 %.... the circles DID hook snapper, but not as many as the suicide..BUT this may because im land based, and the fish do run different....they run a lot harder for sure. they both work, but the price difference is phenominal, so dont use cirlces from the stones anymore...in a boat i would use themand im not cheap... just cant see the value in spenindg 40 bucks on hooks im going to lose...

tell you what, if your like me, and run two hooks, one just above the other.... ALSO put on a free running 2.0 at the top running between the hooks and swivel , and see what happens....also works as a great keeper hook for the bait to sit nicer, but you will be surprised how many snapper that little 2.0 will snag...now whos going to be the one to try it out?