Keeping nippers alive

Hey guys, after striking out on the yfw a few times and reading some of the very informative posts on here lately, I have been inspired to get a bait pump and source some of my own bait. What's the go for keeping nippers alive, can you just keep them in some damp weed like worms or do they need to be in oxynegated water? Obviously the best way to go would be to pump them right before a fishing session, but I was thinking of some sunrise fishing around the high tide and would like to get some nippers at low tide the day before.

favoured bait for flathead, bream , mullet, YFW....you name it. Anything that is a bottom feeder in close will love them. To get them you need to pump them out of the sand on a low tide.Ideally, pump them on the out going to peak tide then fish the run in...or for flathead they would smash them on the outgoign over a nice drop off.

pump what you need and leave the rest for next session.I hear horror stories of some of the old boys metro way pumping a bucket load' date=' using a few the next day and dumping the rest dead....shocking practice. Certainly not sustainable fishing[/quote']an elderley man pumped about 100/200 at moonta one day then after he'd fished tipped them out when he was done i was still going and surprisingly got zippo after that not friggn happy!!i do keep mine o/nite but most survive with the airraetor going mind u i'm only keeping 20 maybe 30 cos the most yfw i have got in a session is 13 cheers.

Sorry for not replying eariler but here is the solution. As a Queenslander "nippers" were our bread and butter of bait. We have successfuly kept them alive for a week. The trick is a polystyrene box. You need to have the box on an angle with the bottom half filled with fresh saltwater and some sand and cover the box with a wet heshen bag. The idea is the nippers can crawl out of the water every now and then the same as the tide does not cover them 100% of the time. If they stay in water the whole time they drown that is why having them in a bucket will only work over night at best.