ok long story short...Few of the bangas went for a ninght trip to Port Elliot.. using the rigs we use at Ards we sent out Saurey pieces under floats.. basically jimbo james hooked onto something BIG!! in the shallows, it went crazy, zig zagging all ver the placethen crossed all our lines, went under the jetty and snapp see you later. The water was dirty so we couldnt see colour.. Jimbo didnt seem like a mully, and from my experience it didnt look like a mly taking the float under.. but i thought that it was a kingy or a small shark just from the look of how the line was peeling and the way it was moving...What are your thoughts?? i was thinking maybe a snapper??? but have no idea how they fight or wor etc??Brayden

The glow stick in the float went past us like a torpedo through the water , after that jap sub , about a 2 feet down . The best thing was that it was so quick through the water that no one had a chance to get their lines in and tangled up every one on the jetty before it went round the jetty post . I got snapped above the float so i lost every thing but by the time i got re rigged a couple of bangas could see a glow stick in some weed on the beach and i went down to investigate and sure enough it was my float and glo stick . score . Thanks for the invite flubba and being the cheif , driving rooney and for the company of the bangas . Awesome night ...

too right it was rather funny when you think about i was the only 1 fishing the bottom and keepin my rig out of the flow from the floats too avoid any possible tangle issues ,when i just whacked on a small bait on the flick stick too see if there might of been a salmon or decent bream haning around n the next thing i knew the boys were all sayin the usual your on man and before i even had a chance too get my rig out of the water jimbo was takin me for a ride although 1 good thing using the baitrunner it wasnt really a problem but from my experience (not down there was the first trip ) and the way this thing turned at speed was insane it spun around on a dime without skipping a beat id be still keen too call it for a either a lone king but more likely shark. top night again fellas cheers for the cookin too flubba hope you had a nice little nap on the way home lol.MM

Im thinking Kingy.I think I got hit by one off Porties one night. Screamed at me. I was thinking Ive got in under control when it turned and tore up along the jetty and popped me on a pylon.The initial run is lightning fast.Boy do those things move.If it was a big red, it will pull 10-20metres on the first run most times but then pretty much you will then have it under control