check your boat trailers

Howdy, would have posted this earlier, but been up at roxby downs for the week. Headed back from walkers flat last weekend and after getting to mt pleasant, the boat trailer wheel came off, with the boat and trailer taking a hard hit on the road. Sinse having problems with my last trailer, I check over it before any trips thoroughly. Some idiot had removed all the wheel nuts on the side thurthest from the camp site. All I can say is I was bloody lucky it wasnt at chain of ponds or in a 110km/hr zone. The trailer fell in a way that it luckily caused no damage to the boat or trailer apart from the U bolts holding the axle in place. Make sure you ckeck your trailer before you leave camp when other pissed idiots are camping nearby. Could be a costly excersize other wise!

Mate I'm glad you managed to get yourself & the rig home relatively unscathed mate. None of ours were tampered with fortunately but thanks for ringing Joel & giving us the heads up before we headed off.I have my suspicions on who it may have been & they can think themselves very lucky they didn't have to deal with the 5 of us had they been caught :evil: Ps: can you send me a pic of your scarred lure, I'll pm you my email addy.cheersSimon

I've been meaning to post about the same thing.. mate had it happen at O'Sullies Boat Ramp 2 weekends ago. they loosened all of the nuts off except the locknuts.. luckily it made a hell of a noise towing up the hill so he stopped for a look and noticed before any damage or lives were threatened

Not good when you hear these sort of antics happening,at least you came through with minimal damage. :dry: I have heard of this type of senseless behaviour which brings to light that no matter where i launch i am in the habit of checking the whole trailer over before i head home. I also check the coupling hitch ,chains and the winch before i put the boat back on the trailer.Too many idiots out there that have no regard for others and can cause life threatening circumstances. :angry:

My Uncle had 2 lock nuts on each wheelTrailer Lock on the ball and hitchPadlock connecting the chains to the carBut when he went to retrieve his boat one day the car came away from the trailerSomeone took the pin out of his tow bar hitchSo he got a security pin for the tow hitchHis trailer hasn't been tampered with in years since

My Uncle had 2 lock nuts on each wheelTrailer Lock on the ball and hitchPadlock connecting the chains to the carBut when he went to retrieve his boat one day the car came away from the trailerSomeone took the pin out of his tow bar hitchSo he got a security pin for the tow hitchHis trailer hasn't been tampered with in years since

The security pin with the lock and a stainless steel padlock for the chains have been in use with my set up since day one.It's the only way to go any thing to deter the clowns. :woohoo:

Is the wheel nut thing random vandalism or a manifestation of what is referred to in some activist circles as "non-violent direct action"...?Hammering nails into trees to shatter saw blades at timbermills rings a bell from some time back.Just a`sayin, y`all...

Is the wheel nut thing random vandalism or a manifestation of what is referred to in some activist circles as "non-violent direct action"...?Hammering nails into trees to shatter saw blades at timbermills rings a bell from some time back.Just a`sayin' date=' y`all...[/quote']You gotta wonder though aye. It's like the clowns that sprayed the curbs at the west beach ramps about marine parks??? So fishing equals bad but it's absolutely fine in there peanut heads to graffiti :S Any ways that sucks mate but glad you the boat and trailer are fine.Thanks for the heads up too.

My mates were caming at yorkes last year and they had a rod, chair and their esky full of food pinched in the middle of the night while they were sleeping.Cheers for the heads up though! I will make sure to check my mates trailer from now on. Can't believe people would seriously be that irresponsible! Not only have they damaged someones property but they could have killed someone...

its crap!! people can't leave things alone my sister and brother inlaw went camping a few weeks back at walkerflat to take kids had 2 home made rod holders stolen that I made' date=' makes ya cross :pinch: :angry:[/quote']Funny you say walker flat mate, its where the incident occured.