shimano symetre fj 2500 or 3000.need advice!

Yeah I was lucky enough to win mine via an online comp, but after owning one (and Im normally a DAIWA man), found it to be way better than expected - especially at the price point that it sells for.for $139 I believe it is the quality of some Daiwa reels that sell for $250-300. The only thing I find with Shimano reels is that they have thin bail arms and I prefer the air bails that Daiwa fit as standard on mid price point reels these days. But once I got used the thin bail arm there has been no looking back.So for around the 140 mark (should be able to purchase online or from Ray & Annes for around that), you will have a reel that I think performs just as good as some $200 plus reels IMO. :clap::clap:

Ive got the 1000 size Symetre and love it, Ive caught some really nice fish on it. As UHF said it's smooth and you can't go wrong with it. ;) This reel is my ultralight reel though, spooled up with 2Ib line on a 1-3KG rod. I would reccomend a 2500 size reel as that can cover a much broader range of uses, You can spool that up with heavier line and use it on a heavier rod. ;)

I had one 2500 that lasted 3 months' date=',drag crapped out,, found you need to spend over $250 in the shimano range to get a quality reel that lasts.[/quote']You must have been unlucky mate, Because every Shimano reel I have ever owned I have never had any problems with them. ;)