Hey Everyone! :) I have recently bought another Bream Stick. This Rod though has quite a bit shorter butt section than I have have used previously. I have had to change my casting action up a bit and still casting okay. But certainly not with the same distance. Does any have their own sort of method for this casting.

Cheers Southie I hadn't heard of that method. Will make sure to try it.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Nah on a serious note i dont have a specific method for casting i just suss out where im going to cast and decided what sort of cast would be involved... like a under arm cast/ flcik cast/overhead etc etcAll depends on the area you are fishing and how much room and whats around you.. to obstruct your cast..

Not sure on how to suggest technique but the best advice I could offer would be to tie on a small sinker (I use a 5g with a swivel) and have a practice in your backyard or local oval. I find it a great way to adjust to how the combo wants to perform and while you are at it you can always put out a bucket and practice your aim for tricky casts and different distances :)With a bit of practice it will come to you fellaGood luckSquid

mmmm, interesting way to improve your casting. Please make me some new thongs although I prefer them to be made of rubber..LOL.and when I want to improve my casting, I just head out with an expert caster, that way your casting seems to improve pretty quick in an effort not to look like a chump..LOLThe other thing you can do is go out on a windy day and practice, nah just kidding, spose if your technique is floored you may find it even harder to handle in extreem gales..LOLYou just have to get out there and fish a bit and you will soon get the techniques wayed off for the various combos that you have.Isnt it funny that on some of the bigger lever drags, the best cast you can do is pull the line off by hand and throw it in..LOL or some sort of strange windmill cast.

Haha good one boys! Next time you make a post I will make sure to reply a stupid link as revenge! B)B) No it all good don't mind. I went back and I think I should have worded it differently so I didn't see like as much of a Dumbass!!! :(:(

Haha good one boys! Next time you make a post I will make sure to reply a stupid link as revenge! B)B) No it all good don't mind. I went back and I think I should have worded it differently so I didn't see like as much of a Dumbass!!! :(:(

not such a stupid question as you may think mate, us bread and butter fisherman are useless when it comes to this!we just use broom sticks and rarely worry about such differences but i'm surprised the bream freaks havn't jumped all over this for you pm,Resolute if ya need he's a bit of a bream guru and may be able to help with your situation captain. cheers 4THA.

All in good harmless fun, don't think like that T T and I await your revenge. :woohoo:

Hey Everyone! :) I have recently bought another Bream Stick. This Rod though has quite a bit shorter butt section than I have have used previously. I have had to change my casting action up a bit and still casting okay. But certainly not with the same distance. Does any have their own sort of method for this casting.

Most people I know don't cast properly. If you're right handed, you ought to be able to wind the reel with your left. But a lot of people will get their brand new reel and put the handle on technically the wrong side. Anyway, I am terrible at casting. My trouble is I'm a really excitable fisherman which irritates the hell out of serious fishos that I have fished with from time to time (some family members included :ohmy: ). This tendency to get excited, means that my first couple of dozen casts are done with such violent force that it's all I can do to keep my feet on the ground :blush: every now and then someone will ask me what the hell I'm doing because the sound of my line is pretty vicious as it whips through the air. My body starts to protest under the strain after a while and I settle into a more comfortable rhythm :) The funny thing is that once I'm in a natural routine, I cast silently and the after a slight swing of the lure or bait, the line seems to shoot through the guides like their made of silk. At this stage I scratch my head because if I'm after distance, I cast a lot further when I'm chilled out and not trying to reach glenelg river from the port ;)Anyway, to answer your question, I would say that YOU know how to cast. Like a bloody racing car driver instictively knows when to get back on the gas, no doubt you just innately know how to cast well. The only difference is if you change your car.. I mean rod.I much prefer a cork grip myself and felt like a spaz casting with a mates new split grip rod. It was not what I was used to and felt awkward because my body was casting from memory and the new butt was longer, my hands were in a different spot and I did not feel confident (plus it was expensive and most o my gear is shit) The more you cast with the new gear, the more it'll become second nature to you. Also, the first big capture and you will soon forget about the spazzo cast :). Apologies to everyone who bothered reading all that :S