Nitro all terrain jig heads?

Hi Piranha,There are quite a few stores around Adelaide which sell the illustrated weedless jig heads but you might find some difficulty getting the desired weight of lead head?I solved this problem by buying those little packs of lead shot in the weight I needed and just pinching them on to the shank with a pair of pliers, works really well and you have an infinite range of weights.Another option is to insert those little barbed type lead weights into the body of your soft plastic to get the desired weight? You can snap bits off them to make them lighter or put extra pieces in to make 'em heavier?As you say, the pre weighted ones are a pain to get ,but those un weighted hooks in the pic, in the sizes you are interested in, can be bought locally in Adelaide. (I know you're from the South East mate)Posted Image[/url]

Hi Tony, thanks very much for the tips mate ;) I had thought about getting those hooks and adding split shot but I thought there was a chance they would'nt balance properly?,it's very encouraging that they work for you though :) Might keep hunting to find the ones i'm after for a bit, which are on the bottom right of your pic, I bought some a few months back on the net but can't find any OZ or US stores that sell them anymore :pinch: . Pretty sure their gamagatsu hooks.thanks againwes

103_0069.JPG Are these the ones,this is only 1grm but from memory i got them from fishermans paradise located in the adelaide cbd they might have the ones you're after,although tony b sugestion is not a bad idea and if you're anything like me taking the cheapest easiest option the way to go, as long as the split is centered when crimped cant see why it would't work properly.google fishermans paradise or ring them, cant do no harm.

Hi Wes,Those particular jig heads you mention were bought from "Angler's Choice" in Beach Road, Christies Beach and I must confess to being hell nervous about initially paying around 10 bucks for four and secondly, would they work? as the extension piece out of the jig head to the SP gripper, is made of a very stiff wire which would mean the fish would have to bite down squarely and firmly to get a good hook up rate! Tried it out on a very snaggy stretch of the River Finnis after losing a few standard jig heads and then pulled 4 nice redfin out, one after the other with out dropping a single fish! ALL of those hooks in the pic work well and all have caught fish for me, even Trout! When you nip the lead shot on them they have a totally different action in the water to the weight forward jigs and operate similar too the middle bottom jig in the picture B) Interestingly, the latter mentioned jig actually travels on a level keel but sways gently from side to side in the water!Cheers, Tony.

Compleat Angler in Wallaroo had packs of the All Terrain for $1.50, I haven't been there for a while but they might still have a few on Special. No idea about the hook sizes or weights though..I looked at them and thought they would be too difficult to use so never bought any. I think they are site sponsors so maybe give them a call.

Thanks very much for all the replies :) i'll be sure to ring around to find some different weights.Yes Keen as thats them, I ended up finding some of the 3.5g ones and ordered them. tried your method today Tony and they work well, got a couple of fish :) I'm using the weedless jigs as part of a clip-on spinnerbait for EP and going to trial both styles of jigs against eachother tomorrow.plan on making 40 lures to last me a while :)

Great work Tony, I have some of those nitro heads...they were to try a snagless rig on some big sps for mulloway,never caught one or got a hit so cant comment on their effectivness......but they are still floating around in the box somewhere, alongside 200 or so other things that havent worked for me lol :laugh: :laugh:But I did notice the lures swam nicely with them rigged up,looked alright from memory. B)

Hi Cal,Yes, I must admit that I was desperately slow getting into the weedless technology because all my lifetime experienceof fishing screamed at me that the hooks MUST be too clogged up with the soft plastic to be wholly effective. :unsure: My tech savvy young fishing buddys kept pushing them until I finally relented and then, I never once looked back :woohoo:Nowadays, the weed filled dams which I used to walk past are suddenly a steady supply of magic fishing moments B) The best Sp's I've found to use in combination with weedless hooks, are the hollow bodied stick/flick baits which by their design, have little resistance to a hungry fish chomping down on them :d/

Turns out their a discontinued item :( rare as rocking horse shit :S plenty of shops still have the larger heavy ones on owner hooks but the light g-lock gama hooks are very hard to find, ended up calling half the coastal tackle stores in the country and found some at spot on pt Lincoln :cheer: just got to sell the house to afford them now :whistle: They still have a pack or 2 left if anyones interested!cheers

Does anyone know where I can buy some of these in Aus or overseas? their very hard to find' date=' wide gape weedless worm hook with 1-3.5g heads on a no 2 hook?If anyone knows of a tackle store that has some in stock please let me know :) cheers[/quote']Anglers Choice, Beach Road, Christies Beach, have ship loads of these jig heads in from 0.9 grms to 14 grams with around 7 different sizes in between these two weights :ohmy: Not cheap at 10 bucks for a pack of 3 jig heads but good value as you seldom lose them ;)
Anglers Choice, Beach Road, Christies Beach, have ship loads of these jig heads in from 0.9 grms to 14 grams with around 7 different sizes in between these two weights :ohmy: Not cheap at 10 bucks for a pack of 3 jig heads but good value as you seldom lose them ;)
Thanks very much for the call and post Tony ;) I'm just waiting on a shipment from another supplier, once they arrive I will know what other sizes I need and i'll try some bargaining with anglers choice :) Most retailers are aware their discontinued so their all selling at a premium price, they where around $5.50 a pack not too long ago :S cheers

Cheers Macman :) I tried mo first but their all out, they do have a hell of a lot of stock advertised that they don't have, their alternative to the all-terrain are on backorder atm.with the help of members I tracked enough down, so thanks again guys ;) they work well on perch species with a few extra attachments :)esturyperch009.jpg