Pirtek Fishing Challenge 2012...

Many people are probably already aware of this but thought I'd post it up anyway.The Pirtek Fishing Challenge is on again, quite some time until the day yet.Check it out at https://pirtekfishingchallenge.com.auHope you have better luck than I did last year :blush: :whistle: :laugh: but hey you've got to be in it to win it and there are some great prizes up for grabs.

Thanks for the link bjorn2fish' date=' might have a look at that one this year' date=' B)[/quote'']one of the prizes is an evinrude :ohmy: going by members previous post i dunno if i'd want it ;)
What make you think your going to win a prize :P:unsure: Now that I,ve said that, you'll win it :boot:
was just saying that was all :dry: :dry: :blush::blush:

i'm entered. strange thing though only 1 species for s.a this year. :dry: might have to fish the murray for carp if the saltwater fish is something you can only get from a boat.

Do the organizers dictate what species is caught in each state :dry: So your saying it's carp only from a boat in SA :pinch:

Just read the entry conditions and no one knows the targeted fish until the night before.3.On Saturday, 14 April 2012 (after 6.00 pm) you will be sent via email your State and Murray Darling Basin target species plus your angler number. You can also log on to the website to download this information.Sounds interesting B)

G day dudesbeen in it for three years now for $20... caps and brag mats are worth it anyways and all money goes to blokes problem researchand you dont even have to get out and fish for a chance to win sumpinGreat excuse to get out an FISH Get into it guys ...and gals B) too many good guys die young :( Chief

i'm entered. strange thing though only 1 species for s.a this year. :dry: might have to fish the murray for carp if the saltwater fish is something you can only get from a boat.

Do the organizers dictate what species is caught in each state :dry: So your saying it's carp only from a boat in SA :pinch:
s.a has 1 saltwater species.states with the murray in them have 3 freshwater species.most other states have 2 or 3 saltwater species.

20 clams!

Barney Rubble back in town. :lol::lol::lol:
Sorry to Hijack the thread but with the GFC, i always seem to be shelling out:Clams,SpondooliesLootCasholaMy hard earnedand more Dollar bills. (oh okay they dont exist anymore)and yes some of it is on KFC. When you think about it the challenge is approximately about thre price of one family meal deal
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping back to top againWho's entered? I have, it's my first competition.. I'm happy just to donate the 20 bucks to Prostate Cancer research even if the weather turns bad and we can't compete.I'm guessing the target species will be king george whiting but I guess it could be anything

Here are the Target Species for each state and territory:Murray/Darling Basin: European CarpMurray/Darling Basin: Golden PerchMurray/Darling Basin: RedfinNSW/ACT: BassNSW/ACT: FlatheadNSW/ACT: TailorNSW/ACT: WhitingNT: BarramundiQLD: BarramundiQLD: FlatheadQLD: WhitingSA: Australian SalmonTAS: FlatheadVIC: Australian SalmonVIC: FlatheadWA: Bream (Black, Pikey, Yellowfin)WA: Golden Trevally