Where do you put your rods on the rocks?

I'm interested in what everyone does if they take two rods out on the rocks. Occasionally you can find a crevise to shove a pvc tube in but this rarely works for me.Now that I own decent rods and reels I can't bring myself to throw it around on the rocks and scratch it up.I now only take one rod out with me but i'd prefer to take two but you can only hold one :(Anyone willing to share how they do it?Any suggestions greatly appreciated

I just sit mine in the gaps between the rocks. Hasnt caused me any grief yet.Even though I use medium range gear for the rocks, I still expect that its going to get the odd bit of wear, ie a few nicks here and there and that the foam is going to cop gauges from the rocks.ie ive adopted the mindset that these rods are not going to get away scott free and remain in near perfect condition like my boat rods. I guess thats why I only use a reel worth around $150-200 clams.

We took our own mini rocket launcher' date=' welded plates on the legs and jammed rocks on them. Then sat back' date=' drank piss and talked about the big reds that we were going to catch of the Lowely Rocks. B)[/quote'']have ya got any pics moggy ???sounds like something i used use
Nope, no pics, they were back in the days when we didn't carry cameras around with us, but the memories are there. :d/
How about taking an esky for a walk and putting a rod holder to the esky?Esky on wheels are cheap and common too ;)
the esky will fall over when the beers gone
And even if it still has some in it' date=' whats to stop a decent fish pulling the whole lot in :pinch: :c :pinch: :laugh::laugh:[/quote']Make sure you fish with softy as we know he jumps into any water way (Including Torrens) to get a rod back :D

Thinking back to when I used to fish from the rocks, I cant say that I ever had any problems finding a crevice or hole to support my rod.For the protection of the reel if necessary, an old cloth/hand towel can always be placed between it and the rock.Walking on the rocks I always like to limit the amount of gear I carry.