Where to go with Fluoro??

Gday Guys.I thought this make for a sort of interesting topic and disscusion. I was wondering when it comes down to Fluorocarbon what are everyone personal favourites.I guess I have just been using Vanish and doing okay but would like to know from some of you guns on the Site what is your favourite leader.This may be Baitfishing, Luring or on the Fly. I would like you tell which do you like most for Knot Strength, Diameter, Abrasion Resistance etc.Cheers TT

I use Jinkai (and Jinkai Plus). Never had any issues with it. Knot Strength is great. Abrasion resistance varies between Jinkai and Jinkai Plus but it does withstand a hell of a lot. I actually use 60lb Jinkai on my anchor as a replacement for the cable ties trip system. The cable ties break readily which can be frustrating and up in WHyalla last April, I ran out of em so decided to use some Jinkai plus as a replacement. I can tell you, it is still there! Had the anchor stuck a few times but the Jinkai held every time. Of course when it does break, I will go back to cable ties, but until it does, the Jinkai stays. I find Trilene a good main line but it does have a 'wire' effect when on the spool. Memory can be an issue with Trilene as well. I do use trilene as a leader at times but only when I am fishing for smaller species like Whiting, Tommies etc.

In terms of bigger fish like sharks, mullies etc I would use a tough, quality line like Jinkai Plus. It's not worth taking shortcuts on quality when it comes to targetting trophy, hard-fighting fish IMO.For smaller fish, I use Vanish for 4 and 6lb but have gone for Famell in the 3lb class. Haven't had a problem with either to date.

for bigger stuff i just use Jinkai.... 40lb up.. for anything 10-20lb i use vanish... however i have been using Daiwa TDr Competiton flure in 10lb and imno its good stuff... i really like it... for smaller stuff and bait fishing i use vanish 4-8lb.... but for bream in the pat and west lakes i have been using Yozuri H.D carbon in 2lb.... i like its... its thins as floss but its easy to tie knots and holds strength really really well...

I've lost one fish only since using Jarvis walker BULK 40lb leader fishing the port. I have a hard time chewing through the stuff myself :). :laugh:But for finesse bream fishing (that I do bugga all of nowadays), Simon at fisherman's paradise put me onto sunline fluro leader. Pricey, but I reckon 90% of my lure caught bream would've been on that stuff. 4lb on 2lb braid up to 8lb on 6lb braid is what I've used. Almost invisible in the water and super abrasion resistant. Very good stuff ;)

I spoke with Kim at Scneider yesterday and it looks like they will be introducing 40lb and 60lb fluro leader to their range of lines. Up until this stage they had only sold up to 20lb leader, but have realised the demand for heavier leader.Cant wait to try some of this.But until then, the two main leader materials I use are Jinkai in 40lb and 60lb and also some Platypus Lo-stretch as well.