A Surprise an just another Carp

Went down the Poo Ponds the other day . Wanted to catch myself a Carp but got a different fish than i intended and a big surprise to me . IMG_2120.JPGThis just made me think about the Mawson Lakes comp ? Didn't think i would see the day but there ya go ? But at least i can sign of a Bream in my fresh water list . So back to chasing carp . Was a bit slow with only a few nibbles but then a descent pull on the line an bang . I strike an I'm on . Landed this nice Carp that gave me a bit of curry , headed for the reeds but i managed to turn it and start filming at the same time . Sweet .IMG_2132.JPGIMG_2140.JPG

Thank you fellas . Was a thought that went through my head Jagger and Tonyb . Some one just being silly an letting there little bream go in the fresh water . I got the Carp on bread TBR and in the video you will see my rig on the other rod . Will call ya soon Jack . Cheers again fellas .

Yes mate, bream are totally happy in fresh water even with a saline content like those storm-water run off ponds have.I know a few guys (and I think you know one of them also) who keep them in freshwater aquariums at home but I'm not totally sure of the legality of it :unsure:
Thank you fellas . Was a thought that went through my head Jagger and Tonyb . Some one just being silly an letting there little bream go in the fresh water . I got the Carp on bread TBR and in the video you will see my rig on the other rod . Will call ya soon Jack . Cheers again fellas .
Yes mate' date=' bream are totally happy in fresh water even with a saline content like those storm-water run off ponds have.I know a few guys (and I think you know one of them also) who keep them in freshwater aquariums at home but I'm not totally sure of the legality of it :unsure:[/quote']From memory when we were looking at using the fish tank in our St Kilda shop as a saltwater tank and stocking some of the local species for kids to look at; as long as the fish are above legal size there wasn't an issue.If they are undersize you need to get permission from PIRSA to keep them in a tank. Not sure how that applies to Bream in a freshwater tank though.