Best Fishing Show on Television?

Just an update on my last post but we just bought a TV aerial to watch the Olympic Games and I have to say... ... what garbage is on this bloody 'free-to-air' these days!? Some show about ugly people and another about girls with too much make-up and some other one about a bloke planning his own wedding!? The people making this trash must be smoking the good stuff! :d/ :sick: The only good shows on are the fishing shows... so I am rating them all the best, because compare to the monstrosities I've witnessed in the last few days, you can keep TV! :ohmy: :s :P

Guest horses4courses

A lot of good ones,and some ordinary ones already mentioned.There was an "old series" which was done by Malcolm Floreance called "Giant Blacks and Great Whites".As the title says,he fished for them and everything in between........marlin off Cairns,GW at Streaky,Port Lincoln and Dangerous Reef and tuna at Bermagui (spelling ?).........a bit like Malcolm Douglas (RIP),he called a spade a spade and no bull s--t about it. B)

Hooked on fish for sure, wish I could find old episodes of it. As far as I know Steve can't get access to the old footage as it was owned by ACE TV at the time.My old man was mates with Steve and we went on a couple of trips with him, I think I was in one of the episodes at browns beach - only a kid at the time.One of the bosses at work used to be a camera man for him as well in the early days.He had some great footage, port augusta kingfish and thresher hookups, giant kings smashing trevally at rapid bay, mullies in the port, massive trevs from the 7 mile at victor, far west coast action etc.Really was ahead of its time in terms of fishing action and Steve was a decent presenter.

iFish should be renamed iCharter - all he seems to do is go out on charters... its not hard to look good being taken to all the best spots, on the best tides, with the best skippers/deckies and gear yet somehow he doesn't... adventure bound is awesome though, and others like youfish are good too... they're entertaining and informative... iFish you learn things not to do... there's my little vent, probably just jealousy...

i dont know if it counts as a fishing show in the strictest definition of the phrase but i been loving deadliest catch lately. those boys are bloody insane, i like to sit on my couch and say that i could do that job no worries at all B) but in reality i reckon i would be struggling :pinch: . great show thoughi also really like river monsters, i think jeremy wade can over dramatise things at times but thats what you get when ur trying to sell a show in america. he always seems to come up with the goods and i have no doubt that he is a genuine fisherman and not hust some dude they got to host the show. :cheer: :cheer:

Just a search for "malcolm florence" videos - such gold! haven't watched them in years' date=' even targeting great whites out at dangerous reef, the good old days![/quote']Just had a look. Absolute gold! Mind you, I reckon you'd get arrested for fishing in those shorts these days! :ohmy:
Guest horses4courses
Just a search for "malcolm florence" videos - such gold! haven't watched them in years' date=' even targeting great whites out at dangerous reef' date=' the good old days![/quote'']Just had a look. Absolute gold! Mind you, I reckon you'd get arrested for fishing in those shorts these days! :ohmy:
Yep,the shorts were shockers for sure :ohmy: but the content of the show ( not his shorts :dry: ) was awesome.....knew you'd love 'em :)

you are a boring old lot-- howz about the best fisherman on the earth Alf Stewart home and awayz local guru his 12ft surf rod and alvey combo slaying FLAMIN MONGREL fish with reckless abandon he even has even run charters and his own tackle shop bloody legend Alfie.and the other top fishn show kingswood country :blink::blink: Ted Bullpit dunno if he ever held a rod but by christ he shoulda cheers 4THA

kingswood country and Ted Bullpit,what a laugh that was.Be nice if we could get that up on tv again.

Any fishing show that focuses on "real" fishing, not just catching marlin. The majority of us fishers will never have the opportunity to catch a marlin so stop focusing on rubbish fishing and get back to the grass roots - whiting, salmon, mulloway, bream, etc. Also anything that is land based also gets the thumbs up, rock, beach fishing, etc.

Just watched that bill dance clip what a fool you sure his name is dance and not dunce best one i rekon was when he couldnt get the electric motor to turn off ,best show extreeme fishing with my hero robson green yea right! i fish is ok but do we realy want to see fishing in other countries?crispy