north haven ramp 'rumour'

Guest Brent61

1. Ramps cost a lot o money.2. There's a perfectly good one at north haven3. What else would they do since it's a marina, home of the coastguard etc and that.Is there some talk of building houses on that massive carpark????? That's the only way this.rumour could have credence I reckon... Bloody developers.... That land would he worth a fair bit :ohmy: Reckon it's BS, and hope it's BS. Surely Ugly4life would've heard something..... Anyone got anything?

1. Ramps cost a lot o money.2. There's a perfectly good one at north haven3. What else would they do since it's a marina' date=' home of the coastguard etc and that.Is there some talk of building houses on that massive carpark????? That's the only way this.rumour could have credence I reckon... Bloody developers.... That land would he worth a fair bit :ohmy: Reckon it's BS, and hope it's BS. Surely Ugly4life would've heard something..... Anyone got anything?[/quote']Haven't heard a thing. Reckon for sure we would have heard something either from the CYC or the Coast Guard guys. If the rumour is true Robyn will go mental. :P They just spent a bit fixing up the car park and having all the algae cleaned off the ramp too.. Don't think they'd spend cash if they were going to close it off.Edit: The CYC are still selling yearly passes too.
1. Ramps cost a lot o money.2. There's a perfectly good one at north haven3. What else would they do since it's a marina' date=' home of the coastguard etc and that.Is there some talk of building houses on that massive carpark????? That's the only way this.rumour could have credence I reckon... Bloody developers.... That land would he worth a fair bit :ohmy: Reckon it's BS' date=' and hope it's BS. Surely Ugly4life would've heard something..... Anyone got anything?[/quote'']Haven't heard a thing. Reckon for sure we would have heard something either from the CYC or the Coast Guard guys. If the rumour is true Robyn will go mental. :P They just spent a bit fixing up the car park and having all the algae cleaned off the ramp too.. Don't think they'd spend cash if they were going to close it off.Edit: The CYC are still selling yearly passes too.
Whats the latest update Ugly4Life :unsure:

I've just been advised that there is a large sign right before the roundabout on Lady Gowrie drive that details the plan on what is happening down at Outer Harbour. Apparently playgrounds, BBQ's an extension of the wharf and possibly a new boat ramp. I don't think the boat ramp is detailed on the sign as yet which is why it is still a rumour.

Dunno. I am going to swing past and check out this sign after work and see what it says. I'll see if I can get a photo and post it up here.

It will be interesting UG4.I noticed guys doing car park kerbing off the edge of the esplanade between Nth Haven ramp turn-off and the Police academy' date=' so who knows.I heard several years ago that the extensions to the CYC's berting areas were possibly going to be extended further than they were a couple of years or so ago.This "rumor " just[u'] may [/u]have some substance :unsure: Please dont quote me tho :whistle: :pinch:
Lady Ruthven Reserve - Looks like no new boat ramp. Good to see a land based fishing spot getting a bit of improvement though! :)

Shared use (bicycle & pedestrian) path loop within the site linking to adjacent path networksUpgraded viewing / fishing platformAdditional viewing platforms breakwater to waters’ edgeInstallation of picnic tables, seats, bins, a BBQ and bike racksInstallation of entry interpretative signagePlay equipment, including rubber eggs, a swing, rockers and cometGrassed and landscaped areas (including approximately 180 trees and 10,000 shrubs and groundcovers)Additional landscaped car parking areaImplementation of the Lady Ruthven Reserve (nee North Haven) Management Plan