Certate hi-gear 3000

If the hi-gear means it has a high speed ratio then I would suggest you give it a miss if SP fishing is your aim. I'm of the opinion that the 2 don't go together.I use luvias 3000's for my snapperm fishing they do the job well but if the certate is what you are after then maybe get the standard model.They are a great reel and I know you wont be disappointed cheerssnapps

They may look like it ' date='it’s just the same reels re named with more drilled holes and different paint jobs.[/quote']Their are a few differences, like air rotors and reels going back to jdm builds rather than mass produced for aus market like the bluvious range ;) can't comment on shimano though!cheers

I wouldnt be so sure that High Geared reels are not suited to Snapper soft plastics. Often when fishing for reds you are doing a 4-5foot lift and drop and I find the high gear of my Ultegra to be a plus, it allows you to take up the slack line effortlessly and stay in total touch with your softy. you just have to give it a nice gentle revolution while you plastic is sinking back to the bottom.The other advantage is that when you think you are too close to your burley pot or the boat you can just rip the last 10-20m of line in in no time flat. it also helps if you make a poor cast and want to recast into another area as it takes no time to get your plastic back.So far im loving my High Gear Ultegra from Japan.Youve just got to keep the high gear in mind and fish it a bit slower than the normal, but in reality its not much different.Early indication for me is that its going to be fine for SP work. With two reds under my belt allready. But come Dec it will get its real test.Brett

I would imagine very well, i have the 2500 hyper-certate and that handled a 27kg Tuna without to much drama, caught the one in my avatar. Think your Dad is a lucky bloke, he'll be one happy man when he can find a fish to test it then he'll really know how good they are. It will eat Big Reds for Breakfast. All my Red fishing after the ban will be with it and a Live Fibre 5kg stick and hopefully get a heavy fish on light line, currently have 10kg on it time to step down a bit and have some fun.

• 1 month later...