my latest captures :)

Well. ive been lazy. but heres some reports :)FIshed ards for opening day of the season. things started of slowly at ground one.kgw.jpegthen after that shocking effort. kgw on 5/0s shouldnt happen. we moved to ground two.ards1.jpegandsnapards.jpegthat was the end of that day. :) the next day we went to the bhp jetty cause it was a bit rough and anchored up outside it where the ship parks. mate having told the boss he wasnt coming in decided it was funny if we fished for the cameras up there.both fishing fairly light 4lb braid and leader we managed some of these.ardssmallsnap.jpegand thesesalmonards.jpegthat was it for that trip :)next trip was out north. into the unknown for our first snapper trip of the year. and low and behold we struck red. three times. i caught a 8kg. which was not fotod. im not sure why as its my pb metro red. and a 6kg. fotod :)6kg.jpgand the anchor boy....my gfs dad who owns the boat got a nice 5kg :) and 2 port jackson :) hehe.we had a trip to the same place where we caught 4 to 48cms. all tasted extremeley good.Next up we where out of the cape jervios chasing tuna for 5 hours of petrol wasting excitment. ont a single hit. ahwell. back to some grounds we found trawling for a bottom bash on the drift. the old boys used bait while the young lads. yup including me. used lures.first legal lure snapper :D 75cm :oluresnapper.jpgwe also picked up another 56cm snapper at the grounds. then back towards home and wirrina we picked up 5 44-47cm kgw. and whilst guttin and scaling the fish nailed a lazy 22 squid. was a good lil trip :)well thats my fishing for the past two months. hope it doesnt take to long to read :Dcheers grego.

apparently snapper and kgw guts attrack them. as does also whiting frames and pilchards chopped up :)
Does not surprise me
Taste: Octopuses and squid have taste receptors all over their bodies and are as much as 10 to 1' date='000 times more sensitive to taste than humans.Sight: Octopuses and squids have excellent vision, but may be colour-blind. Some have a 360 degree range of vision with eyes that are very similar in structure to human eyes.Smell: Octopuses and squids register smell in small pits located beneath the eyes.[/quote']Have heard multiple times that some pro squidders use pilchards soaked in tuna oil for berley.Here's an oldie :)http://www.strikehook.com/forum/27-boat-fishing/90-catching-more-squid#12433And well done man.

Pretty much what Paul Carter aka ecofreak explained at the squid night at R&A a while back.Re: Squid & BurleyPostby ecofreak Technically squid do not smell they taste, part of the nervous system that runs down the 2 candles (longer tentacles) contain receptors similar to taste buds, you will often see squid touch a squid jig or bait before it strikes and this is simply to taste the prey. As the squid can project their candles to twice the legth of their own size they are one of the most important part of a squid they use them to taste, attack and to spawn, the other tentacles are simply for holding food while they munch away, my belief is that they are attracted to the other activity around the berley, whether it be other bait fish or noise created by the bucket. This has been tested many times in Japan on the Auori squid a very close relative of the Southern Calamari.Here's the thread, interesting discussion.http://www.mrfisho.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13387Apologies Grego.