New reel advice

Hey all, got about 150$ to get a new reel for my general purpose boat rod. Just wondering if any one has any opinion on what would be a good reel to get. It'll be for targeting mullies and snaps. What size reel and what pound braid are people using these days. 15 lb braid be enough or would you recommend 20 lb?Opinions and advice welcomed B)

Brenton has nailed it with either a 3000 or 4000 sized reel. No need to go bigger than these reels as they have around 7-8kg drag and enough line capacity of either 15 or 20lb braid to tame any snapper. Only reason to go bigger would be if these reel sizes don't balance with your rod. Not much difference in line diametre between 15 and 20lb braids, I have both breaking strains on all my 3 -4k sized reels and most break above their rated breaking strain. I mainly use tuff line and it has never failed (just my knots).

You mention >>>>> "It'll be for targeting mullies and snaps"It will depend on what comes along and picks up the bait,so be prepared and have a larger reel which can handle whatever is at the other end. The Pflueger SALT reels come in under $130 and you can choose the size you want,5 sizes to choose from.http://www.fishingwholesalers.com.au/pflueger-salt-5000-9kg-drag/